Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Just sayin bruh.. if you were young it may have felt more dramatic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2709425&mesg_id=2709742
2709742, RE: Just sayin bruh.. if you were young it may have felt more dramatic
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-30-19 02:04 PM
I was in my 20s.

And it was dramatic for the people in Chicago, because of the constant coverage, from the radio to the TV. And back in those days radio was huge,especially in chicago, because chicago is still a huge radio city. I still listen to WMVP ESPN Chicago daily ( on AM!).

It was like what the hell is going on? Why are we not blowing weak teams a way? And then Dennis Rodman with his constant stuff off the court, and Jordan saying that he will not play for another coach,etc.

I can understand your take because you were on the outside, so as most outside viewers you probably couldn't see anyone beating the bulls. It's similar to how people view the patriots, even though they have tons of crap going on, like cheating incidents, brady declining and getting older, defense and offense not what it used to be. But people are still thinking they are the patriots, and they will eventually get it together even though they look like shit. Actually, the patriots situation is a great example.

Also, think about the upcoming teams that year. They were hungry and coming on strong and they knew the bulls were weak, especially the pacers. We won the central by 1 or 2 games.

Lakers won 61 games that year. and that was the rising of Shaq, Kobe, Fox, Horry and Fisher.

Pacers team was deep as fuck from the starters to the bench

Heat under Riley,

Jersey was coming on.

And the Spurs had the blocks in place to start their dynasty. that was duncan's rookie year and they won 56 games.

pacers, jersey, spurs, lakers all went to the championship a few years later.

------------------------------

Once the bulls' starting lineup could no longer put up points and blow teams out, our bench wasn't the type of bench to come from behind or extend leads. Our bench was designed to manage the game while the starters got at least 5-7 mins rest. Kerr, Kukoc were the main scorers, with wennington and Judd to hit a few shots here and there. And then you had players like Burrell, Caffery and Brown. Now compare that bench to what other teams had going for them. A new generation of players had come....

I can 100 percent say that I'm glad the team didn't come back because it would have been a sad,sad downfall. They went out on top even though it was a huge struggle.