Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo I actually watched a full game of his last night and a few others
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2707128&mesg_id=2725178
2725178, So I actually watched a full game of his last night and a few others
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-13-20 09:26 AM
espn had this triple header thing going on. Gilbert's podcast got me interested in these youngins after hearing him talk to a couple of em. i watched the whole game of this one. the one before and after i watched bits and pieces.

his team played the team w/ the #1 senior***. white bol Chet Holmgren. and if you didnt see it, you wouldn't know it looking at the box score. but Chet absolutely dominated the game on both ends. i was ready to hate on a tall white stick kid but he really proved me wrong.

***disclaimer: i've never seen this kid other than a quick youtube highlight of him walk up, mix tf out of Steph w/ one of his signature moves and went to the rack and banged on ppl.

Emoni rn, at least off that one game, prodigious scorer. not much else. poor/uninterested defender. not really good at getting his teammates involved. but i was impressed by the scoring array i saw even if he didnt shoot well. shot selection is a little ropey. the flaws are all coachable but for "best prospect since Lebron" i expect more than a volume shooter

Emoni's team got a lefty PG to watch out for at Michigan and beyond.

Chet team got this PG, Donovan Jones. maybe 5'9"? but i made a mental note to remember his name for the future because if he hits a late growth spurt sheesh. shot is WATER. buddy hit about 9 3s.

---

NEXT GAME

Jaden Hardy could play in the league right today. he is nice nice.

California Basketball Club (Sierra Canyon lol). First off...Bronny needs to go to a different school if he really wants to go to the league. He's very much a role player in this team, and w/ the spotlight that program has, they'll always bring in more talented players to fill the stars roles when they graduate. he'd be better off playing on a team where he has to carry the load and get used to it. you can always scale back into a role as you progress to college and HS. its not a good hoop environment for him specifically

Amari Bailey is nice but he is absolutely not a PG but that boy can ball. Too selfish though. Understandable to start out now that this is his team. I had a feeling he'd be like this based off his interview w/ Gilbert

---
EARLY GAME

I really just watched a bit of this to see Mikey. He looks maxed out physically already. He has a LOOOOOOOT of skill and mental work to do if he wants to maintain his ranking/status

----

everybody on hoop twitter was saying there's some kid named Paolo that they thought Chet was ducking all summer. i have to find a game of his sometime.