Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I like Cuz but dude has been out almost 2 years thinking he could...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706989&mesg_id=2712483
2712483, RE: I like Cuz but dude has been out almost 2 years thinking he could...
Posted by allStah, Sat Feb-22-20 10:33 AM
He is only 29 years old. Coming back this year was/is probably stretch.

But I would not totally rule him out in the future. And when he came back from the Achilles injury he actually looked good, considering that was his first year back. Just needs time to get his game and form back once he actually comes back. It took rondo awhile, as well as PG and Hayward. That first year back is always a wash year just to get the feel back.

However, the lakers knew that, and with the commitment that was put forth by both sides make no sense. And after his podcast stating how the lakers are a family and how they support him, etc, and the long term vision, etc, then turn around and get waived a few days later.

And I imagine they probably would have cut him to make room for Collison had Collison decided to come back....let’s me know he wasn’t/didn’t expect it.

They can always resign in the summer I guess....just seems like a desperate move all the way around. But there are still a lot of question marks in the West, and I personally don’t think the lakers or clippers are shoe ins to get to the finals. Both have some serious issues in certain spots.