Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti absolutely spoke Cold Truth, but you cherry picked convenient truths
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706989&mesg_id=2710636
2710636, i absolutely spoke Cold Truth, but you cherry picked convenient truths
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-14-20 10:34 PM
>You get it, but your brethren don’t. I gotta keep those
>cats humbled.

What's there to get?

We had some good kids, with varying degrees of potential. I happen to be very high on BI. So sure, I "get it".

I'm good riding out a rebuild because I like the kids and I'm nervous about skipping steps in the process.

>I was starting to like the lakers with that squad. And I was
>going to toss my hate. But then Bron ditched the kids, AD
>came, and lakers nation started yapping about getting chips.

This is where you ignored the inconvenient truths, because you hlossednover the part where I said we got a sure thing and a generational player in return.

I see potential issues given the limited trade flexibility we'll have for a few years,but does not mean that I don't *also* recognize that the generational two-way unicorn we got in return is a "no shit" decision.

I can love the kids, be OK with what would have been a slow burn back to ChampLand, see potential chinks in this new suit of armor, and still understand that it was the right decision.

We're playing .825 ball, one year in, after a 5 year playoff drought.

So, sure, we can both ride out this Pells rebuild as two guys with an affinity for BI and Zo, and hope the win every game they play.

But that doesn't change that I'm a Lakers fan, and hope those kids grow up and crush everything in their wake, unless they're playjng the Lakers.

These aren't mutually exclusive positions.

And that, my fellow BI fan, is the Cold Truth.

>Had to put the hate cape back on.
>
>You see all that Lebron MVP talk is dead as hell.

Yes, because Giannis is playing out of his mind, with a better record and a significantly bigger talent dropoff after himself, while Brawn has a mythical creature at his side.

Theres also James "2K" Harden and a white Euro putting up prime Lebronese numbers....in his second year.

So yeah, with other guys doing ridiculous shit like that, there's relatuvely less shine on Brawn's likewise ridiculously hood season.

>But seriously, Ball and Ingram are about to be something
>special man. Ball has been putting in work.

I hope so. I think BI is, at least. I have questions about Zo.

That said, the best critiques against the Lakers deal amount to...... a couple of late picks that could have given us greater draft and trade flexibility to tweak the roster around our two studs.

I'll take that deal, and missing out on watching those kids grow up as true blue, dyed in the wool Lakers was the price that had to be paid.