Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I get that I still feel like we have too many tight games with bum ass...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706989&mesg_id=2708052
2708052, RE: I get that I still feel like we have too many tight games with bum ass...
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 12:06 PM
I think you’re the only honest lakers fan who sees the team’s issue.... everyone else is glossed and not looking beneath the surface.

This season reminds me of the Payton/ Malone season where you guys rolled through the regular season, but there were glaring weaknesses that were ignored, and Detroit steamrolled you guys. Funny that same speed that killed you guys back then, is what is troubling this team now.

Lebron is moonlighting at the point because he has to. They are no other dynamic perimeter players or PGs on that team that can play with speed or really score.

Take Indiana who everyone is sleeping on. I was watching them the other day trying to figure out how they are killing guys. Malcolm Brogdon, True Holiday’s brother, and Jermey Lamb and Sabonis( do it all big). The dynamic play of their perimeter players put so much pressure on teams, plus sabonis inside and out, just difficult to defend. And this is without Victor.

So I look at the lakers. They are good, lot of experience, they have two great players, great at rim defense. But the lack of speed from top to bottom, the inability to play fast, and the lack of dynamic play from other players not lebron on the perimeter, might keep you from winning it all. And you’re really not a great outside shooting team.

Lakers are at their best in low scoring games where the pace is slow.