Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLos Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Poast....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706989
2706989, Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Poast....
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-13-19 01:36 PM
here we go...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2019-11-13/anthony-davis-is-expected-to-miss-lakers-game-tonight-against-warriors
2706990, Good, it’s the right move
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed Nov-13-19 01:45 PM
Get three days of treatment on the shoulder and ribs
2706991, The Warriors suck, and we're 8-2.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Nov-13-19 01:50 PM
Might as well rest our guy.
2706995, *yawn*
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Nov-13-19 02:10 PM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2706997, as he should
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-13-19 02:33 PM
2707872, We fuck around with too many bullshit ass teams
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-25-19 09:51 PM
2707894, We pulled away late but Bron had to play late into the 4th quarter....
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-26-19 07:00 AM
to help AD pad hid weakass stats that dude is so overrated
2707905, ........we’re 15-2
Posted by DJR, Tue Nov-26-19 09:47 AM
2707910, tf?
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-26-19 09:58 AM
>to help AD pad hid weakass stats that dude is so overrated

AD is playing absolute *elite* defense, leading the league in blocks, and is getting more deflections (that cause TO's and lead to fastbreak points) than any other player in the game.

He's also averaging an efficient 25 & 9 while shooting nearly 90% from the line. He's *exactly* what this Lakers team needed to balance out the squad - and he's a big reason why they are 15-2.

-->
2707940, Nvm him
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Nov-26-19 04:41 PM
It’s obvious the impact AD is making, especially on the defensive end.
2707967, defensive end....while averaging a cool 25 ppg
Posted by DJR, Tue Nov-26-19 11:49 PM
No big deal though, lol.

Expectations are ridiculous for a guy like AD, but he’s more than meeting them.
2707941, Nvm him
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Nov-26-19 04:41 PM
It’s obvious the impact AD is making, especially on the defensive end.
2707919, They’re a brand new team with a brand new coach and they’re 15-2.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-26-19 11:09 AM
2707923, I get that I still feel like we have too many tight games with bum ass...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-26-19 11:29 AM
teams. Wednesday night should be interesting.
2707933, i hear you but
Posted by Kungset, Tue Nov-26-19 02:42 PM
i feel like this is common especially on road trips. haven't really looked into it, but i bet you could look into like, the warriors 73-9 season and find a bunch of wins like that
2707934, Further, there's real value in learning how to close games out as a unit
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-26-19 02:56 PM
comfortable, wide margin wins are great - but you really learn something and get key experience in close games where you have to execute under pressure.

That said - the Lakers have the 2nd highest margin of victory in the league (only trailing Milwaukee by like a half-point) - so they're also getting more comfortable wins than virtually any team.

But if you got people complaining about a 15-2 team that is brand new to each other - then you'll never make them satisfied.

-->
2707966, in a vacuum, I'll take that over a blowout, personally
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-26-19 11:45 PM

2708026, agreed. Kuz went off tonight in the 4th. He badly needed that.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Nov-28-19 12:32 AM

-->
2708052, RE: I get that I still feel like we have too many tight games with bum ass...
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 12:06 PM
I think you’re the only honest lakers fan who sees the team’s issue.... everyone else is glossed and not looking beneath the surface.

This season reminds me of the Payton/ Malone season where you guys rolled through the regular season, but there were glaring weaknesses that were ignored, and Detroit steamrolled you guys. Funny that same speed that killed you guys back then, is what is troubling this team now.

Lebron is moonlighting at the point because he has to. They are no other dynamic perimeter players or PGs on that team that can play with speed or really score.

Take Indiana who everyone is sleeping on. I was watching them the other day trying to figure out how they are killing guys. Malcolm Brogdon, True Holiday’s brother, and Jermey Lamb and Sabonis( do it all big). The dynamic play of their perimeter players put so much pressure on teams, plus sabonis inside and out, just difficult to defend. And this is without Victor.

So I look at the lakers. They are good, lot of experience, they have two great players, great at rim defense. But the lack of speed from top to bottom, the inability to play fast, and the lack of dynamic play from other players not lebron on the perimeter, might keep you from winning it all. And you’re really not a great outside shooting team.

Lakers are at their best in low scoring games where the pace is slow.
2708077, nobody's been in more close, last-possession games than the Clippers
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Nov-29-19 11:37 AM
but I missed your scathing "clippers need the last possession to beat these guys!" take.

-->
2707924, its the regular season. half of these games are basically practice for us
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-26-19 11:58 AM
2708022, Pels shooting the damn lights out
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Nov-27-19 10:11 PM
2708024, 16-2. AD w/ the last laugh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-28-19 12:24 AM
2708025, This team is so composed under pressure.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Nov-28-19 12:30 AM
This was clearly a scheduled loss - last of a 4-game road trip - 3rd game in 5 days I believe - and this game meant a ton to N.O. - playoff like atmosphere for them.

Pels came out on fire - lakers lacked energy. Yet somehow they find a way with clutch play-making and big plays/d when it mattered most.

16-2 for a brand new squad - crazy.

-->
2708030, down by 15+, but never gave up...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Nov-28-19 12:43 AM
..simply locked in on defense and went to work.

2708031, RE: Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Poast....
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 12:53 AM
I see why the lakers can’t beat the clippers or raptors or top top teams.
Y’all get worked hard by young weak teams. Pelicans punched y’all in the mouth and didn’t let up, just too young to close out games.

I’ve seen Dallas, Fucking okc ( who just got blown out by the blazers), pelicans, etc work yall, and y’all needing the last seconds to win. Had reddick hit that three it would have been over. Memphis got a lot of young dogs, and it took a 4 point play for you guys to beat them.

Ingram didn’t shoot well, but still dropped 23/12 rebounds and 2 steals , and he stayed aggressive to get to the line.

You guys don’t have any dogs or enforcers. Hart and Holiday are dogs and was just out muscling the lakers. So when you guys play teams like the raptors, clippers, Celtics , who got dogs on their squad, you guys can’t match up.

Lebron is a nice guy, so is davis, so is Kuzma. Rondo is a dog, but he is getting up there in age. Cousins is a dog, but he is out for the season.

I can’t see you guys beating the sixers, bucks, raptors, Celtics or clippers . Hell the Pacers are bullish as well, and victor hasn’t even played a game yet.

Just keeping it 100.
2708034, Okay guy.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-28-19 01:27 AM
They’re 16-2, on a 9 game win streak, and are a new ass team.

Keep beating that drum. The Clippers have hardly even played together.
2708049, RE: Okay guy.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 11:11 AM
They are no trophies for the regular season.

Look at how your bigs get lost when being pulled out to defend shooting bigs. Look at how fast point guards are able to abuse your defenders: Morant, holiday, Luka, Van Fleet. You can come back and beat the young teams, because they don’t know how to close. But doesn’t/ didn’t work against top teams.

The Memphis game highlighted everything. The shooting big in Valencuanis caused major problems, and Morant (rookie) speed and length lebron couldn’t deal with at times.

Fast do it all PGs are a nightmare for you guys, as well as do it all shooting bigs.

The main thing you guys do well is protect the rim, so terrible shooting teams have no chance.

Your team will be judged on how it plays against contenders, and so far, 2 Ls. Just like every other contender.

2708045, I see why you're such a clown
Posted by justin_scott, Thu Nov-28-19 10:48 AM
2708046, RE: I see why you're such a clown
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 10:58 AM
I’m a clown because I give an observation of your team?

Did I call you a name , did I get personal?
So who is the clown?

Where is your observation or analysis? The only person who is truthful in here besides me , is the thethruth. He sees the struggle.

2708099, Like I said, you're a clown.
Posted by justin_scott, Sat Nov-30-19 03:02 AM
2708047, they really kicked our asses while losing the games
Posted by DJR, Thu Nov-28-19 11:03 AM
Great point.
2708053, thats a whole lot of words to not say shit of note
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-28-19 12:27 PM
2708066, But you see. They have no dog. And lost twice in 18 games.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-28-19 09:18 PM
2708069, RE: But you see. They have no dog. And lost twice in 18 games.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-28-19 11:12 PM
And those two losses were against contenders, and your wins are not against contenders.

They will be judged on what they do against other teams vying for a championship. So quit all this regular season escapism

Clippers, Boston, philly, Milwaukee, Indiana, raptors will also be judged in the same way.

And so far clippers have beaten all the contenders they have faced: raptors, lakers, Boston. Raptors have beaten Milwaukee and the Lakers.

I’m waiting for you guys to beat a team that matters.
2708070, im not worried
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-28-19 11:39 PM
They’re built for the playoffs. And they’re learning to win. It’ll take time - but they’ve gotten the hang of pulling out victory when trailing teams they shouldn’t.
2708078, Incorrect as usual:
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Nov-29-19 11:42 AM

>And so far clippers have beaten all the contenders they have
>faced: raptors, lakers, Boston. Raptors have beaten Milwaukee
>and the Lakers.

Clippers have lost to the Bucks, Rockets & Jazz. And they also got beat by Phoenix and the Pelicans. So they haven't "beaten all the contenders they have faced."

It's one thing to be absurd and trolling for fun w/ your takes - but to be this woefully inaccurate is comical.

-->
2708080, Surprised ya’ll still respond to him
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Nov-29-19 11:51 AM
Dude has been a flag whipping in the wind since he began posting here. Consistently misinformed, consistently wrong, consistently hypocritical
2708085, it's the silliest shit.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Nov-29-19 02:34 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2708107, RE: Surprised ya’ll still respond to him
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 07:07 AM
Dude stop the madness and calm down. I have been coming at the lakers fans for years because I don’t like the lakers, buts it’s all just talking crap for fun. And most of them know that and they talk crap back, and that’s it. And that is all it will ever be.

So kill all that serious noise and keep it moving, and not make this out more than what it is.
2708103, RE: Incorrect as usual:
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 06:26 AM
Clippers fully loaded have not lost to a contender

Clippers played with no Kawhi or PG against the bucks and the jazz.

And there was no PG against the rockets.

You didn’t take time to notice that did you?

But you would bring up games with no Kawhi or PG playing because you didn’t watch the games and don’t watch games. At least look at the boxscores next time.

2708081, remember that time the hawks swept lebron in the season
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-29-19 12:21 PM
then lebron turned around and swept them in the playoffs?

the minutiae of the regular season is largely irrelevant. i promise we will come out on top if we stay healthy
2708105, RE: remember that time the hawks swept lebron in the season
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 06:53 AM
If the regular season does not matter, why do your people keep bringing up the lakers overrated regular season record?

You can’t have it both ways.
2708322, Neither can you.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-02-19 05:34 PM
2708100, Wrong as usual. Also, Clumps lost to San Antonio tonight.
Posted by justin_scott, Sat Nov-30-19 03:14 AM
2708101, RE: Wrong as usual. Also, Clumps lost to San Antonio tonight.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 05:25 AM
Spurs aren’t contenders. They are a losing team now and haven’t been contenders for years. It’s 2019. You do know Timmy isn’t playing anymore?

That was not smart.

2708102, RE: Wrong as usual. Also, Clumps lost to San Antonio tonight.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 06:19 AM
Also, fully loaded clippers have not lost to a contender.

Lost to the bucks and jazz with no Kawhi or PG.
Lost to rockets no PG

2708097, there are certain traits a team has that will translate well in the post season
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Nov-29-19 11:55 PM
If I have to explain what those traits are, and whether this team has them, you're not paying attention.

2708106, RE: there are certain traits a team has that will translate well in the post season
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 06:55 AM
We shall see.
2708104, Lets be clear here.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 06:46 AM
The clippers with PG and Kawhi playing have not lost to a contender. So don’t come in here talking about Ls when those are losses when those guys were not playing.

That would be like me talking about the lakers got killed and lebron didn’t play. I’m talking about when squads are fully loaded with their star players.

So dont bring up a bucks loss when neither PG or Kawhi played in that game or a rockets loss when PG didn’t play.

Now if the lakers beat a contender without a star player that’s an even greater accomplishment, just like the clippers beating the lakers with no PG.

As a fully loaded squad with no injuries or rest to their main players. Clippers have not lost to a real contender: lakers, Boston, raptors, Houston.

And for the record Utah is not a contender or even considered up for winning a ring, but I will give you that. I’m willing to give yall whatever ammunition y’all need so there are no excuses in the end.

2708110, You should make a Clippers post if you want to post about them.
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-30-19 07:41 AM
2708113, love how you made this post right after
Posted by Vex_id, Sat Nov-30-19 08:59 AM
a fully loaded clippers team lost to the spurs lol.

-->
2708117, RE: love how you made this post right after
Posted by go mack, Sat Nov-30-19 09:47 AM
but they aren't contenders.. apparently it doesn't matter if lose to shit teams in regular season cuz they aren't going all out for them even when they have a full squad. They put their all in against contending teams so those losses mean much more. However Lakers altho beating the shit teams are coming down to wire on a lot of them proving they truly can't match up to contending teams.
2708125, ^^Sees it
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 11:49 AM
That’s all I want them to see.
2708143, RE: ^^Sees it
Posted by Vex_id, Sat Nov-30-19 02:11 PM
>That’s all I want them to see.

lol I think he's being facetious, my g.

-->
2708324, RE: ^^Sees it
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-02-19 05:38 PM
Actually, I don’t think that he is. Reread it.
2708126, So losing to shit teams is better than beating shit teams?
Posted by Vector, Sat Nov-30-19 11:53 AM
wtf?
2708136, RE: So losing to shit teams is better than beating shit teams?
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-30-19 02:00 PM
cool.I’ll give y’all that, too. Lakers are better than the clippers against shit teams. Y’all got the better overall record. Cool.

So I’ll put the lakers 1 and the clippers 2.

But in the end? You know what time it is.
2708127, Trolls gonna troll... lol
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Nov-30-19 12:07 PM
..Never change, allStah. never change.

2708128, Lakers giving glimpse of the return of showtime...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Nov-30-19 12:19 PM
..sure, it was against the Wizards, but still.

Bron & AD were out there clownin', locked in on defense, and getting everyone involved.

Too many turnovers, but most of that was in the flow of the game.

Next up: another showdown with Dallas.

2708260, Same as the first game against Dallas, lakers couldn’t Hang.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-01-19 07:37 PM
As stated, that first match up was a win because Luka got concussed in the last three mins, and green got open to hit a three to send it to OT. This time they finished that shit off.

It’s the same thing I’ve been saying: do it all bigs and do it all pgs, the lakers can not defend. It goes against what you guys are good at defensively. Now go back and look at all those close wins against weak teams.

Yall play Indiana later this month, and they have a do it all pg and and do it all big.

When the bigs are not allowed to protect the rim because they have to come out and guard a big who can shoot : straight nightmare. Luka hit the hole, bigs retreat back, and Luka dishes back to a trailing player to the rim for a bucket. Can’t play Luka zone or off him like regular pgs because he can shoot. And no lakers player could stick with him.

And your perimeter players lack athleticism ( other than lebron). Green, Pope, Caruso, rondo, Bradley... where is the athleticism? And Kuzma’s body language spells slow. The team in general is not really athletic, and you saw it when Memphis was jumping out of the building against you guys.

I know I talk shit about Ingram and come at y’all.

But on the real, yall’s squad got major holes, and teams like Dallas exposes them. The key for you guys is Kuzma. If he does not come alive and give you that triple threat when you have to go against powerhouse teams, because Bron and ad have to work hard on both sides, it’s not happening. Bron and AD played 36 mins. Luka played 33. Y’all need that third scorer something serious.

Peace.

2708269, 17-3.....oh, we’re so screwed
Posted by DJR, Sun Dec-01-19 09:52 PM
2719924, Heh, HEH, huh, HEH...Busta...what it is right now
Posted by DJR, Sat Sep-12-20 10:03 PM
2708316, Kuz looks lost out there
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Dec-02-19 05:10 PM
He sometimes looks like he doesn't even want to be out there. He's had a few breakout moments in games - but nothing sustained. Of course he's coming off an injury - so give him time - but Lakers really need him to step up and play with consistency.

-->
2708323, He does. But he's only played 16 games.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-02-19 05:36 PM
It's a slump, and he's shown some flashes. He had no training camp or preseason, and it's a brand new team so I'm giving it time before I freak out too much.

KCP on the other hand looks great.
2708325, playing through injury...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Dec-02-19 05:44 PM
..hindsight proves the Lakers should've sat him for that game, but I understand why they didn't.

2708327, he's been downright frustrating to watch on both ends
Posted by Kungset, Mon Dec-02-19 06:51 PM
2708328, he got a lot of pressure on him. not surprised to see him struggle
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-02-19 07:09 PM
Bron and AD want to have him in the photos and all that (and you can tell he DESPERATELY wants to be in it) but that comes w/ living up to that level.
2708333, This dude's trying to sell merch today too, hahahah
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-02-19 08:46 PM
Like, my man....nobody wants a Kuzmania hoodie when you're scoring 11 points on 44% shooting
2708335, nah u lyin...
Posted by SeV, Mon Dec-02-19 09:19 PM
i had to unfollow him this summer on IG because of his Zoolander shyt

hes becoming my least favorite Laker next to Rondo

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!
2708336, I WISH I was...
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-02-19 09:21 PM
https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1201579666227769344
2708338, the replies
Posted by SeV, Mon Dec-02-19 09:35 PM
im dyin

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!
2708345, I didn't even know about that I was just annoyed by the fact that...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Dec-03-19 01:01 AM
he seems to spend way too much time worried about his hairstyles
2708356, he got one of those celebrity apps, too
Posted by Kungset, Tue Dec-03-19 12:10 PM
where you can pay $1 to message him. i know this because someone i know actually paid to do it, not sure why she felt comfortable sharing that
2708340, unfortunately i am not surprised
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-02-19 10:21 PM
bron and AD need to pull him aside. he too hot rn
2708457, He was found tonight...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Dec-05-19 12:04 AM
2708851, he def has his moments - but still nothing sustained
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Dec-10-19 01:15 PM
Keep in mind: I'm holding him to a relatively high standard because I believe he can be a great fit as the third-wheel scorer on this team. He hasn't found his groove yet respective to his ability. But he missed the entire camp and just hasn't been flowing in their system as seamless as he needs to flow - which is why I'd like to see him get a chance to have continuity in the starting lineup at some point.

Kuz is going to be a very important piece of this team come April - and they'll need his depth in the playoffs.

-->
2708396, Quality win @ Denver
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Dec-03-19 11:30 PM
Didn't really play all that well down the stretch - but executed defensively. Kuz still struggling and out of flow. I'd consider starting him to try and install some confidence. He's really dragging right now.

-->
2708453, D39 hitting jab step 3s. 19-3
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Dec-04-19 11:36 PM
2708456, 2 solid wins
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-04-19 11:56 PM
2708792, Damn AD dropped a 50 spot on KAT last night...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Dec-09-19 12:41 PM
Bron had a quiet 32&13...
2708798, This post is for real lakers fans only.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-09-19 02:28 PM
Question.

What is the plan if AD walks at the end of the season?
And does it not bother you that he refuses to commit beyond this
season at this present time?
2708802, we dont discuss things that arent happening.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-09-19 03:12 PM
2708825, RE: we dont discuss things that arent happening.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-09-19 11:29 PM
That means there is no plan.

Thanx.
2708829, Of course it’d bother me.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Dec-10-19 02:16 AM
It sucked to trade for Dwight with no long term commitment too.

The gamble for Dwight was less. But it truly seems like AD wants to stay. Wasn’t ever convinced Dwight wanted to. I think he’s re-signing and a player of his caliber is worth the gamble.

But if you’re asking if giving up the next 5 picks and BI/Lonzo/Hart for AD to leave would be bad? Uh...yeah.
2708873, Too easy...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Dec-10-19 04:26 PM
>Question.
>
>What is the plan if AD walks at the end of the season?

On to the next.

>And does it not bother you that he refuses to commit beyond
>this
>season at this present time?

No.

2708887, Do you think the "real Lakers fans" on OKP are Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Dec-10-19 10:40 PM
>Question.
>
>What is the plan if AD walks at the end of the season?

Just so that I understand correctly:

You made a post, directed at real Lakers fans, and your first question was "What's the plan?"

How the are we supposed to know?
We can armchair it and come up with some fantasy scenarios, sure.

But so what?

>And does it not bother you that he refuses to commit beyond
>this season at this present time?

Sure does.

That's just part of the game.
Some fans think that it's absurd to even consider the possibility that he'll leave. Some fans won't rest easy until he signs.

Either way, what's the point?

We're experience a ridiculous level of early success, on all fronts. The "what if" at the end of this season doesn't really change what's happening, right today.
2709095, 24-3. Turns out giving LeBron prime AD is working. Who’d have known.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-16-19 11:34 AM
2709098, too many turnovers the last 2 games though
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-16-19 12:08 PM
2709121, Oh definitely.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-16-19 05:33 PM
But STILL? It's 27 games in with nearly a whole new roster and a new coach. This is about as good as it gets for those circumstances.
2709192, free throws
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-18-19 05:42 PM
2709429, Two keys to this team:
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Dec-24-19 06:26 PM
1 - Health

2 - Don’t play Rondo while Bron and AD are on the floor. Only player on the team with a net negative rating while playing with those two whereas Caruso is the exact opposite with the highest net positive rating while playing with those two.
2709437, Agreed - only thing I'd add is a point about Kuzma
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-25-19 12:44 PM
Kuzma needs to be a consistent third option that brings energy and volume scoring in bunches when needed. I was hoping he'd break out in the Denver game (when Bron sat) - and I think he should be inserted into the starting lineup right about now to see if they can get him going more consistently.

If Kuzma can't be that third guy - then Lakers might want to explore the trade market. Obviously Kuz is a steal right now w/ his contract (good for this year and next year) - but Lakers prob would think twice about signing him to a big deal in 2022 given his current output. He should be getting healthy now (finally) after a long recovery/rebound from the summer - but he's got to be a big punch for the Lakers when they need him.
-->
2709688, Agreed on that & he’s been a diff player now that he’s healthy
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun Dec-29-19 08:49 PM
It’s hard, in and of itself, to find a rhythm when you’re asked to fill a different role each year in the league as he’s been asked to but then you add in how disjointed his season has been from the injuries and then trying to play through the ankle sprain...he finally looks comfortable.
2710184, Looks like Lakers are doing exactly what we discussed
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jan-07-20 09:45 AM
exploring his value. You'd have to package him with a contract like KCP's - but obviously that can't happen because of his no-trade clause.

I'd imagine they're trying to navigate the trade market to see if they can finesse a multi-player/team move that would bring them somebody like Bradley Beal - though I'd imagine that's an impossible get given the Lakers situation.

Even before TrainerGate, I just had a feeling like Kuz wasn't really wavy w/ this squad - like he'd prefer to just be free & breezy with a young team with an Ultra Green Light on offense.

He may just not be ready for this level of cut-throat championship ball. Bron is all business in his approach and if Kuz starts to clash with the team he may be dealt for more than just basketball reasons.
-->
2709524, RE: Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Poast....
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-28-19 12:05 PM
I’m not sure what you guy’s salary cap is like, but you guys are going to have to make some trades to get some shooters. You need shooting badly, because it is terrible. I guess that is why you guys acquired Dudley, Bradley, Green, etc, hoping they would be able to shoot well. I think cook was brought in for that same reason as well. Green is the only one who is somewhat consistent, but even his shot is not straight money all the time.

Watching how Utah, Dallas, and Bucks just make shooting look so easy, and how they can either blow teams away or quickly get back into the game if they are down, it’s going to take more than just defense to get to the finals. Frank Vogel is a defensive coach, so the lakers are a great defensive team. If this were the 90s or the early part of millennium, where you could get by on being more defensive( pistons , spurs) than offensive, then they could ride their defense to a ring.

Look at how the spurs are suffering because PoP has no 3 point shooting , nothing but mid range shot makers in Gay, Aldridge, and derozan. His system is based on defense, but that means nothing when you can’t keep up with the 3 or shoot from distance. This is why the lakers struggle in almost every game to protect the lead. Most teams have the ability to hit the three and get back in the game. That’s what made Golden Sate so great, no lead was safe over them due to their shooting. Now there are several teams that have that ability. The lakers are not one of them.

Also, Lebron needs to load manage ASAP or it will be just like last year. You think people would understand the science of load management and how it keeps the body fresh and energetic. He is a step slower (AD as well) because of so many minutes played, and so much wear and tear. The way Giannis and Kawhi were much quicker and stronger than them says it all.

Play and work smart, not hard.

2709747, aw no allstah post? Lakers must've won last night
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Dec-30-19 02:36 PM
2709770, RE: aw no allstah post? Lakers must've won last night
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-30-19 07:17 PM
Lol
2710170, Remember when you said AD was overrated and weakass?
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-06-20 06:09 PM
If not, just ----> hit that scroll bar
2710354, ?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-11-20 07:55 PM
2710353, .
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-11-20 07:55 PM
2709772, Lebron had 29 assists and 3 turnovers in last 2 games
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Dec-30-19 09:05 PM
His impact running the point is crazy -- i don't think anyone would've predicted he'd quarterback a team this dynamically in year 17. It's not just the volume of dimes he's getting (leading the league) - it's the way he's doing it, empowering teammates and getting everyone into a groove.

-->
2709921, I predicted that. His mentality and approach is different
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jan-03-20 11:00 AM
He's been putting the work in on his mind and body since high school. You go back and watch his videos from that time and he's all about focusing on the process and letting the outcome be as it will. There's very few who have that mindset and ability to execute it daily.
2710186, I've watched Lebron throughout his entire career
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jan-07-20 10:02 AM
(I know that's shocking to everyone here lol) - and this is perhaps the most impressed I've been by him, because of the adversity of mileage/age that is on his body. 17 seasons with Ironman distance benchmarks every.single.year in the playoffs.

He's been in the Finals more than 50% of the time, which is an under-appreciated, and crazy stat. If you told a rookie superstar that you'd be in the Finals every other year for your entire ~20 years in the league - they wouldn't even believe you.

But this year - to lead the league in assists and quarterback his team with his ridiculous +/- rating and impact on the game, is just bananas. Only other player I can even think of who could redefine/optimize their game like this was Wilt (albeit not in year 17) - who also once led the league in dimes just to troll reporters who criticized him for being selfish.

-->
2710129, so why does rondo still play for us?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jan-06-20 01:30 AM
Breh is washed as fuck. Managers Special Deluxe Washed
2710162, Crossing my fingers for Collison...
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-06-20 03:55 PM
But....yeah Rondo's wasssshed.
2710202, RE: Crossing my fingers for Collison...
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 04:13 PM
So Darren turnover Collison is going to save y’all?

I’m keeping my fingers cross for that to happen, too.
2710187, No trade clause smh
Posted by SeV, Tue Jan-07-20 10:15 AM
I want him gone too yo

I swear he a double agent for the celtics

2710199, RE: so why does rondo still play for us?
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 04:06 PM
Y’all said the same Thing about pope. You guys are always giving up on players.
Soon as shit gets tough y’all want dudes gone for the next best thing.

2710201, Rondo is 33 and washed. I'm not entirely sure you're aware of that.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 04:11 PM
2710208, RE: Rondo is 33 and washed. I'm not entirely sure you're aware of that.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 04:52 PM
So rondo is completely washed now? Or Is it just a bad fit?

Rondo will never be a shot creator or an offensive threat as a PG. not his game. He plays defense and sets up other players.He needs threats around him that he can set up on the floor.

Pierce/KG
Butler/ Wade
Etc..those players like to be set up and dont need the ball all the time, which is why wade had success with both lebron and rondo.

Lebron and Rondo cancel each other out, because they have the same game, so when they are on the floor together it’s terrible.

2710215, Are you talking about Rondo from 12 years ago?
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 05:35 PM
Cool, well I guess we should also sign Vince Carter to get a little bit of wing help too.
2710219, RE: Are you talking about Rondo from 12 years ago?
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 06:27 PM
12 years ago?

A couple of years ago he helped Anthony Davis get to the PO with the Pelicans!
And a few years ago with the bulls.

Good lord.

But according to you he is completely washed. SMH. God damn lakers fans always bailing.

Recorded: Rondo is completely washed at 33, but in the mean while you want to bring in a 32 year old who is somewhere selling watchtowers.
2710198, Yall see Lonzo balling.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 04:02 PM
That turnaround, the jumper, the court game was already there. And Davis turned down that extension.

Stop giving up on talent and looking to win now.
2710200, You're not this dumb, are you?
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 04:09 PM
>That turnaround, the jumper, the court game was already
>there. And Davis turned down that extension.
>
>
>Stop giving up on talent and looking to win now.

1. Lonzo is doing great, and MOST of us have stood by saying he's very good. I've waffled, but really only due to his health. His tentative nature has been there since essentially the 2nd half of his first year. I can't blame him, but it has been. All that said, he's certainly had very promising stretches before. This is nothing new.

2. It's always been this known that he was going to turn down his extension. By doing so, he went from a 4 year, $146 million dollar offer, and as an unrestricted FA, he'll be offered 5 years, $202 million. Why WOULD he extend?

3. 100/100 times any team would give up on BI, Lonzo, and Hart for prime AD to pair with Lebron. No questions.
2710206, RE: You're not this dumb, are you?
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 04:38 PM
Lol

I know he can get the max of 200 something million at the end of the season. He still turned it done, and he didn’t do a sign and trade to go to the lakers. Be nervous, and you know you are. You gotta to wait and see.

- can’t trade consecutive first round picks..
- can trade a second round pick until 2023.

I guess you got to wait until 2021 to try to buy another ring. You guys will have mad cap space, especially when Davis joins the bulls. Like what 90 mil?

Future looks bright. Lol
2710207, Of course he didn't do a S&T.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 04:42 PM
He's maximizing his options. You can't fault that. But he wanted to be here, and it's not a Dwight situation where it's a maybe he won't re-sign. He's 90% going to re-up. It's a gamble, and we certainly gave up a lot, but guess what happened when we tried to wait out upcoming FAs we were sure they were coming? They didn't. Like, MULTIPLE times.

Your rationale makes zero sense.

And again - 30 out of 30 GM's do that deal. Sorry if I don't buy into the opinion of someone cysing Lonzo Ball as the reason the Los Angeles Lakers shouldn't have traded for Anthony Davis.
2710211, RE: Of course he didn't do a S&T.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 05:10 PM
It was not just Lonzo Ball. It was hart, Ingram. Etc. So it is not that simple. You got massive issues at the guard position because of lebron’s ball dominance. That’s why Ball was limited and why Rondo isn’t working out.

Yes it’s a major gamble that is a rerun. We saw it with GP and Malone. We saw it with Nash and Howard.

Just sit back for once and let a team grow, instead of gambling all the time. Stop shipping cats in and out. Hell look at D Russell.
2710214, GP & KM was not a gamble.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 05:34 PM

>Yes it’s a major gamble that is a rerun. We saw it with GP
>and Malone. We saw it with Nash and Howard.

GP & Malone signed for the MLE and LLE and were here for a year. Not a gamble whatsoever.

Nash's contract and S&T was a gamble, and one most everyone said was fine at the time. 2 1sts and 2 2nds for a team that was looked at as the odds on favorite. Revisionist history, but also - he was ROLLING before he fucked up his leg.

>Just sit back for once and let a team grow, instead of
>gambling all the time. Stop shipping cats in and out. Hell
>look at D Russell.

Your ignorance is....something.

Russell was traded (at least PRIMARILY) as a way to shed Mozgov's contract, which allowed us to sign Lebron. BI and Lonzo were traded to get Anthony Davis. Put all 3 of those guys on the same team and you have....well, the Pelicans. You wanna talk about how excellent Julius Randle is next or...?
2710216, RE: GP & KM was not a gamble.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 06:03 PM
You just refuse to see the Ls in all the moves that the lakers have made. That’s the point. You keep saying reasons that never panned out. You would have been better off keeping those pieces in THE LONG RUN.

And what I mean by gamble is a QUCK FIX, which just sets you back another year without winninyg hardware, only to repeat the process of shedding contracts to bring in top FAs. ...or beg FAs to come play in LA.

You mofos caved in to Lebron and your current state and immediate future rides on that.

In 2 years, you will be at this process again with 0 hardware.

Had a future dynasty in the palm of your hands and traded that shit away. ...it ain’t too late to hop in the delorean
2710217, Check my post history, dummy.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 06:06 PM
YOU are ignoring context, good moves made, and players who aren't winning a damn thing now.

Lebron is on the team. He's 35 and 17 seasons in. But sure, they should keep someone who might be an all star in 3 years.

The right move for a Pelicans or other bottom-dwelling team is not the right move for a team in win-now mode. I'm really not sure how else to explain it to you other than all teams are not made equal.
2710218, Sorry, I can't keep up with how much you're editing this.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 06:16 PM
Did you just say we had a dynasty on our hands?

Okay, I think we're done here.
2710221, RE: Sorry, I can't keep up with how much you're editing this.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 06:44 PM
You don’t think the likes of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart playing together with the lakers could have turned into a future dynasty ( being playoff bound every year and winning a few chips) down the road? The possibilities were there for me.

You’re always in win now mode, but you don’t win shit...that’s the point.

No vision.

2710222, No. No I don't.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 06:53 PM
We're ALWAYS in win now mode but haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years.

But please tell me about how dynasties are built, guy who's team hasn't been to the finals since Shawn Mendes was a zygote.
2710224, RE: No. No I don't.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 07:39 PM
No doubt. Bulls suck. But at least we ain’t throwing cash at an old ass superstar and management going in circles, and begging FAs to play in LA.

Remember this when AD is a Bull.
2710225, Hoarding assets has never worked.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-07-20 07:59 PM
Correction - it's worked once. The Warriors.

Before and since? Nope.

Thanks for your time.

PS - $50 on if AD is a Bull next year?
2710627, you realize who you’re talking to right
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Jan-14-20 07:56 PM
Just look at this post for that answer
2710204, nah we're good
Posted by Kungset, Tue Jan-07-20 04:20 PM
thanks though
2710210, RE:we're goo
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-07-20 05:04 PM
N/a
2710220, never change... lol
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Jan-07-20 06:35 PM

2710229, I miss the kids. I really do. I was good with letting them cook
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-07-20 10:08 PM
I'd rather see them get a chance to flourish in a place without the win-now pressure.

Had we not gotten Brawn, I was cool riding out a rebuild. But it was pretty obvious that the plan accelerated the second we signed him, and when none of the kids turned that corner last year.

I'm still nervous at the way those extra picks could potentially hamper our ability to tweak the roster this time next year.

We gave up a lot, but we got a generational talent, in his prime, in return. There's potential pain to be felt down the road if something goes awry, to be sure.

But we got a sure thing in return for potential, and as much as I still love those kids, and wish we had kept them, we secured the bag.

I'm good with co-opting the Pels for as long as BI and Zo are there, in all games not against the Lakers. BI is going to be a serious problem next year.

But we immediately elevated ourselves to win-now mode, without the baggage of having to drag a bunch of kids through that added pressure, and having a duo that has a real chance of bringing another chip this very year.
2710233, Speaking Cold truth.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-08-20 01:23 AM
You get it, but your brethren don’t. I gotta keep those cats humbled.

I was starting to like the lakers with that squad. And I was going to toss my hate. But then Bron ditched the kids, AD came, and lakers nation started yapping about getting chips.

Had to put the hate cape back on.

You see all that Lebron MVP talk is dead as hell.

But seriously, Ball and Ingram are about to be something special man. Ball has been putting in work.

2710240, All depends on what your goal is
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Jan-08-20 11:01 AM
The kids were fun to watch for the first few years. But hovering around sub-.500 territory and never playing in the post-season has its way of spoiling the fun.

If winning the 'chip is your goal - you do what the Lakers did.

If having fun watching young guys play low-stakes basketball, enjoying the gambling ride of wondering if they'll ever top out is your goal, well, you can always watch the N.O. Pelicans.

I'd imagine Laker fans - accustomed to banners in bundles - prefer the former.

-->
2710636, i absolutely spoke Cold Truth, but you cherry picked convenient truths
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-14-20 10:34 PM
>You get it, but your brethren don’t. I gotta keep those
>cats humbled.

What's there to get?

We had some good kids, with varying degrees of potential. I happen to be very high on BI. So sure, I "get it".

I'm good riding out a rebuild because I like the kids and I'm nervous about skipping steps in the process.

>I was starting to like the lakers with that squad. And I was
>going to toss my hate. But then Bron ditched the kids, AD
>came, and lakers nation started yapping about getting chips.

This is where you ignored the inconvenient truths, because you hlossednover the part where I said we got a sure thing and a generational player in return.

I see potential issues given the limited trade flexibility we'll have for a few years,but does not mean that I don't *also* recognize that the generational two-way unicorn we got in return is a "no shit" decision.

I can love the kids, be OK with what would have been a slow burn back to ChampLand, see potential chinks in this new suit of armor, and still understand that it was the right decision.

We're playing .825 ball, one year in, after a 5 year playoff drought.

So, sure, we can both ride out this Pells rebuild as two guys with an affinity for BI and Zo, and hope the win every game they play.

But that doesn't change that I'm a Lakers fan, and hope those kids grow up and crush everything in their wake, unless they're playjng the Lakers.

These aren't mutually exclusive positions.

And that, my fellow BI fan, is the Cold Truth.

>Had to put the hate cape back on.
>
>You see all that Lebron MVP talk is dead as hell.

Yes, because Giannis is playing out of his mind, with a better record and a significantly bigger talent dropoff after himself, while Brawn has a mythical creature at his side.

Theres also James "2K" Harden and a white Euro putting up prime Lebronese numbers....in his second year.

So yeah, with other guys doing ridiculous shit like that, there's relatuvely less shine on Brawn's likewise ridiculously hood season.

>But seriously, Ball and Ingram are about to be something
>special man. Ball has been putting in work.

I hope so. I think BI is, at least. I have questions about Zo.

That said, the best critiques against the Lakers deal amount to...... a couple of late picks that could have given us greater draft and trade flexibility to tweak the roster around our two studs.

I'll take that deal, and missing out on watching those kids grow up as true blue, dyed in the wool Lakers was the price that had to be paid.
2710242, man fuck them kids
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-08-20 11:28 AM
not really fuck em cause they cool but you make that trade 11 times out of 10 and if they wanted Kuzma or no trade then we wouldve gave them him too w/o batting an eye.

let the chips fall where they may after that.
2710232, Do you think the Pels would trade Lonzo back for AD straight up?
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Jan-08-20 12:09 AM
One could only hope.

-->
2710327, Ball and Ingram just SHOT a King Kong movie in MSG
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-10-20 09:40 PM
It’s in subtitles. The only sound effects are SWOOSH.
Them ninjas breeding buckets.

2710329, they beat the KNICKS??? Wow!
Posted by DJR, Sat Jan-11-20 12:22 AM
2710366, Y’all said rondo was washed!
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-11-20 09:04 PM
Got these boys running damn near 80 points in the first half against one of the hottest teams in the league.

Told y’all it was just a matter of fit. No lebron being ball dominant.
2710434, That was literally 2 people lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-12-20 10:51 AM
2710437, RE: Y’all said rondo was washed!
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-12-20 11:59 AM

>Told y’all it was just a matter of fit. No lebron being ball
>dominant.

ahhhh there it is. We all knew that this sophomoric slight was coming lol.

-->
2710525, 1 good game vs. a net negative for the past month
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-13-20 12:43 PM
I guess Melo isnt washed too!
2710532, You really make things hard for yourself
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-13-20 02:15 PM
Situation with rondo is clearly a matter of fit. 2 generals on the floor at the same time is one to many.

Rondo is far from washed. People said the same thing about paul after 1 year!
You talking about 1 month?

You don’t deserve to be a lakers fan. I shouldn’t even be wasting my lakers hate on you.
2710534, Nobody said CP3 was washed.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-13-20 02:34 PM
They said he wasn't worth his contract and that'd it'd be ugly a year or two from now. I still think that's probably true but a huge credit to him in not packing it in this season at all.

I WANT Rondo to be good. If it's a question of fit, he should be running that 2nd unit with no issues especially since that's essentially the squad he was playing with against the Thunder.

But hey who am I talking to? The guy who thinks OKC could make the damn finals.
2710540, RE: Nobody said CP3 was washed.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-13-20 03:34 PM
You have a comprehension issue.

Never said okc will make it or go to the finals.

I said I wouldn’t be surprised if they do. If you don’t understand the difference that’s your problem .

Anyway. There is no deflection. You said rondo was washed, so deal with that for the rest of the year.
2710553, Which means....
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-13-20 06:24 PM

>Never said okc will make it or go to the finals.
>
>I said I wouldn’t be surprised if they do. If you don’t
>understand the difference that’s your problem .

Wouldn't be surprised = they can do it

They will make the finals = they will do it

won't make the finals = they can't do it

I said that you said they can make the finals.

Who has the comprehension issue?
2710555, RE: Which means....
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-13-20 07:05 PM
It’s does not mean any of what you typed.

Anyway

We do know that after you said rondo was washed, he went out and led the lakers with a near 20 point triple double against one of the hottest teams in the league.

You have to sit with that for the rest of the season, champ.
2710567, OH NO WHATEVER WILL I DO
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-13-20 08:22 PM

>We do know that after you said rondo was washed, he went out
>and led the lakers with a near 20 point triple double against
>one of the hottest teams in the league.
>
>You have to sit with that for the rest of the season, champ.
2710436, This road trip (Dallas/OKC) was big for team confidence
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-12-20 11:57 AM
Everyone already knew that Bron & AD are the most dominant duo in the league - but this was a huge confidence builder for the others.

I was hoping for Kuz to get inserted into the starting lineup - and I'm glad Vogel gave him the starting nod last night (it was a no-brainer given that Bron & AD were both out) - but I think Kuz needs to get starter's minutes from here on out to build him up for the playoffs. He went off last night and can be that consistent third scorer if he gets right.

Last night's win at OKC was emblematic of a winning culture - not just a top-heavy dominant team. Vogel, Kidd & the entire org deserve credit after being lambasted over the summer.

It's amazing what this team has accomplished with an entirely new roster that has never played together before.

-->
2710737, But that’s you mans, that’s your mans
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-16-20 01:23 PM
Yeah. I saw it. I saw it all. I knew you guys were not going to post about it. But let the lakers trash a Team like okc the other night. Y’all talking about it with the quickness.

Shot bricks
Continue to miss free throws
And Fultz put that dude on spin with a triple double.

Y’all played without AD. But Orlando played without Agustine and MCW so fultz was the only pg. and they played without the defensive monster Jonathan Isaac.

The score does not indicate how Orlando dominated that game, they were almost up by 20 at one point.

But that’s your mans.

2710741, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-16-20 01:42 PM
2710872, no post about Bron leading Lakers to a W @ Houston; no AD?
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-19-20 10:07 AM
I thought you didn't care about sub. 500 teams? Only important, relevant games against "contenders"?

Oh.

-->
2710873, RE: no post about Bron leading Lakers to a W @ Houston; no AD?
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-19-20 11:08 AM
Lakers win you appear. They lose you disappear. Houdini has nothing on you.

Houston is a dumb team, but it was great win in Houston. And Washed (LoL) rondo was helping from the sidelines . He pulled a Phil Jackson put pippen on magic type move. He is going to be one hell of a coach.
2710891, RE: no post about Bron leading Lakers to a W @ Houston; no AD?
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-19-20 04:21 PM
well - at least you're consistent. Win or lose you're here to put some shallow Skip Bayless spin on it regardless.

Props for that.

-->
2710868, Good win vs Rockets
Posted by go mack, Sun Jan-19-20 09:18 AM
First half looked like game would go to Rockets. Lakers played pretty bad but still kept themselves in it and took over in the 3rd. Kuzma's defense on Russ in 2nd half was great.
2710871, Coach Rondo helpin' (Link)...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-19-20 10:00 AM
..I see you, Coach Rondo: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28513123/at-rajon-rondo-request-kyle-kuzma-slows-russell-westbrook-lakers-win

2710996, Im here to call a truce!
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-21-20 12:15 AM
I can’t hate on your mans like this. Fultz crucified that dude the other day, and Brown stole his soul and poked on him , and smart put him on spin. These are not coincidences. The decline is real, especially defensively.

I feel like a bully. Your mans need all the support that he can get. When Jordan got skated on by iverson, he surrendered and stop guarding quick ass guards, and gave it to Scottie.

You will not see me in this thread anymore. Good luck, and I hope your mans win a chip

Peace.
2711117, You not returning would be a great thing
Posted by justin_scott, Fri Jan-24-20 03:05 AM
we don't need uninformed posts.
2711118, here for Rondo doing good things.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Jan-24-20 09:25 AM
2711119, he playing better lately.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-24-20 09:26 AM
2711305, it's going to very difficult for this team to overcome this
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jan-27-20 02:19 PM
this is a devastating blow to the organization and the amount of pressure they will have going forward for the rest of this season will be a challenge..

I would expect a possible lull with this team for a minute... one that I expect they will bounce back from before the playoffs...but in particular, Lebron James must feel pretty overwhelmed by this, and the motivation to bring those grieving a title NOW...this season... I know people are saying this should spark a fire to make this happen...but things like that are easier said than done.

Bron has carried the weight of the emotion of bringing a city a title that really wanted/needed it...

this is a similar situation but you're adding to it the grief of a devastating tragedy.

I've said for years that the singular unifying entity in this city is the Los Angeles Lakers...and it has been for decades. There is nothing that unifies one of the most diverse places in the world like the Lakers.

This now defines the WHY Lebron came to LA. A reason I'm sure none of us knew at the time, but it's quite clear now.

Saturday night in Philadelphia Lebron was passed the torch..in a way that was even bigger than he realized at the time. I think it's unrealistic to expect him to carry this weight flawlessly starting right now...I mean how could he... anyone who saw his entire interview Saturday night...and considering what was hours away from happening.... he's got to be overwhelmed right now..

When God puts you in a particular situation... the weight of it can be great.
2711319, nah this will steel them and we will win.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jan-27-20 04:22 PM
ive said we will win all year but i am sure now more than ever.
2711320, this is where i'm at.
Posted by johnblaze, Mon Jan-27-20 04:50 PM
I firmly believe I'll be going to a parade this year.

And not for the Clippers.
2711327, Bron's silence and the game being postponed tells you everything.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jan-27-20 07:06 PM
He's absolutely got to be devastated.

I haven't the slightest idea how this is going to play out, and I ultimately don't care what the outcome of the season is anymore.

This team wins it all, it's legendary but so somber.

This team loses in any fashion, it's beyond understandable.

I have no idea how long it's going to take to recover from this.
2711350, we are at defcon 3 for bath salts
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jan-28-20 10:04 AM
He may go on one of those runs for bean.
2711549, real talk, this is why I was never mad about him going to LA.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Jan-31-20 06:12 PM
I actually respected that he would actually go into Kobe's House and deal with the fandom.

I just never imagined that he would be thrust into a situation like THIS.

I wouldn't wish anyone else on Laker fans in a time like this. I had to eat my words in 2014 and again in 2016. Hopefully those words will be reheated and eaten again.
2711325, Kobe created Lakers hate without a doubt.....it didn’t exist before then.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-27-20 05:50 PM
Being from Chicago ( and a little bit of Brooklyn), I grew up watching a player that showcased an athletic and basketball ability that transcended anything that had ever been performed in sports. That player was Michael Jordan, and throughout the years on this board, I was one of the Jordan gatekeepers who would respectfully, but vehemently , verbally battle anyone who tried to put Kobe or any other player on the same platform as your air’ness.

Before Kobe, Lakers hate didn’t exist. Kobe is the reason why lakers hate came about. People used to love the lakers, solely because of Magic Johnson. Magic’s charisma, wholesomeness, laughter, and that bright, kool aid smile made it impossible to root against the lakers.

Magic retires. The Lakers go into a dull period, and then Kobe comes along. Immediately, Bulls fans saw the similarities. We saw the emulation. We saw Kobe walk like Jordan, talk like Jordan, and most of all play like Jordan. Before Kobe, there were a plethora of players who were labeled to be the next Michael Jordan, from Harold Miner to Grant Hill, and Jordan fans laughed at those expectations. However, with Kobe, he actually looked and played like Michael Jordan. It was a shocking revelation, and when he started winning championships and scoring titles like Jordan, it went from comparing Kobe to Jordan to Kobe possibly being better than Jordan. And that , my friends, is when Bulls fans had enough. Lakers and Kobe hate was born. And to add injury to insult, Kobe even lost his hair like Jordan, so there is a pre-bald Kobe period vs Kobe bald period, just like there is a pre-bald Jordan period vs bald Jordan period. He even played under the same coach, and played next to a player similar to Scottie Pippen in Lamar Odom. “ Does this dude have anything that’s original?”

After the lakers won their third championship during the Kobe era, everyday felt like a battle to protect jordan’s legacy. Everything was about Kobe, even to the point that the lakers decided to trade Shaq so that Kobe could have his own team. The basketball universe was changing, and we were clearly in the age of Kobe, and the NBA was finally able to move on from the void of Michale Jordan. It wasn’t a great period for bulls fans.

I didn’t want to see anything regarding the lakers or Kobe, and when the rape allegations came about, I was like “see, this dude is a bad character.” I was also hoping that was the end of Kobe and the comparison. I mean this dude even had a controversial period in his life just like Jordan, so how much of jordan’s life was he going to emulate? His entire life? So when the world turned on Kobe, and his image was adulterated, I stopped worrying about jordan’s Throne being challenged.

The rape allegations get dropped, and Kobe goes through somewhat of a quiet period in the media, and he just focuses on basketball. It is during this period where he goes on a scoring spree, another action similar to Jordan. This guy starts dropping 40 and 50 a game, and then he goes and have the 2nd most prolific scoring game off all time. And, of course, the “better than Jordan” argument resurfaces.

Kobe gets another shot at winning his 4th title, and throughout that entire series I woke up everyday hoping the lakers would lose, because lakers fans were beyond insufferable at that point. It was a great day in the universe when the Celtics beat the Lakers, and Kobe went out like a scrub. Bulls fans finally had the deciding and final word: “ Jordan never went out like that, and Jordan is 6-0 in championships.” And once again Jordan’s legacy was on top, and to never be challenged again....so we thought.

The following year the lakers came back as the Euro Lakers, and stronger than ever. Kobe goes on to win his 4th title, and the Jordan comparisons resurface, again! But bulls fans still had the upper hand: 6 rings and undefeated in championships! We good!
The lakers return to the finals the following season, and Kobe goes on to win his 5th title! WTF! Could this dude possibly win 6 rings? We will never hear the end of this if he wins 6 titles. I can honestly say that all of bulls nation was on emergency watch. The okay message board at that time was on full battle tilt.

However, the following year the lakers failed, and Kobe never returned to the finals again. Victory at last! Lakers nation finally realized that there is only one goat. Lakers hate went away and the universe was restored. Kobe retired and the lakers returned to mediocrity ( lol).

( Hopefully, in those statements, you get an understanding of just how great Kobe was...He wouldn’t go away).

After he retired, my view of Kobe was that he would probably be just like Jordan: Anal, narcissistic, arrogant, etc. However, it was quite the opposite. He was a caring, loving family man, got involved in film making and investments, and went on to teach the game to his daughter and other girls. He was open and communicative, and made several tv appearances. I liked and loved Kobe off the court more than I did on the court. He transitioned into an outstanding human being, and a person that I cheered and rooted for. He became a big brother and friend to so many young nba basketball players , and they loved him for it. To see so many nba players cry and show grief over his death is breathtaking, and the great stories they have of him is a testament of his humanness and approachable character.

He didn’t surpass Jordan on the basketball court, but he sure did surpass Jordan in personality and humanness. I’m going to miss that more than anything. I truly believe that Kobe and his daughter were going to change the WNBA.

2711370, laker hate has been around for a while before Kobe.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Jan-28-20 02:51 PM
Kobe hate piled on top of it and in some ways overshadowed it. two different entities.

people hate teams that consistently win. I do it. You do it. it also morphs into player hate. I hate the Patriots and Brady. Hate the Niners and Rice, Craig, Montana, Young, Sherman, etc lol.

edit: hated the bulls and the Jordanaires too. lol
2711374, RE: laker hate has been around for a while before Kobe.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-28-20 03:56 PM
The whole purpose of that post was to celebrate kobe, and nothing else. So I don’t really want to debate the matter.

However, I will say this: There was no lakers hate like we have now or what came about with Kobe. The lakers with Magic was america’s Team, because people hated larry bird and Boston and Isaiah and Detroit. And Magic was the lovable ambassador of the game, and he still is.

There were probably fans of the opposite team that didn’t want the lakers to win or had dislike for the lakers......but there was no lakers hate like the lakers hate or patriots hate that we have now. Not even close.

I was in my 20s during the 90s and teenager in the 80s, and even when the bulls beat the lakers for their first title, people felt sad for magic ( he had clearly lost a step)and commended him on how respectful he was of jordan’s ability and domination.

People still talk about how they hated the Celtics and the bad boys ...not so much about magic and the lakers. And that was the whole point of the post.

2711380, well the internet happened too.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Jan-28-20 04:33 PM
access to opinions got that going more so than any one player.

how are you celebrating Kobe by saying he was the reason for laker hate.

I'm done. not bamming up the post.
2711389, Yeah. You should be fucking done.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-28-20 08:06 PM
You read the title and didnt read the essay. It was a compliment of just how good he was. You don’t hate something that is wack. You hate something that is great, because it constantly wins.

As Jordan fans, this kid was so good that we felt threatened. He was coming for jordan’s throne, and we disliked him for that. We disliked the lakers for that. He had a goal To be greater than Mike... before that we didn’t need to have to worry about anyone

Everybody got that as well as in his rip thread, where my statements were complimented.

Next time just keep it moving and this ends here.

2711375, My aunt in LA asked me why I wanted the lakers to lose
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jan-28-20 04:06 PM
I answered that I didn’t want lakers fans to be happy...

during the 1988 Finals.

#TrueToThis
2711546, exactly...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jan-31-20 04:00 PM
the post I just made about Laker Hate existing long before Kobe ..your post shows what I mean...

2711376, Loved Magic, hated the Lakers and Celtics and Bulls
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Jan-28-20 04:12 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2711545, Laker Hate existed prior to Kobe....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jan-31-20 03:55 PM
there isn't a Laker star player since they've been in Los Angeles who hasn't been subjected to irrational criticism and disrespect on some level.... all of whom..the better they became as players...the more irrational and bitter the criticism became..

Jerry West and Elgin Baylor couldn't win the big one..

Jerry West was selfish and rude....

Wilt Chamberlain was a prima dona ..... overrated....and selfish

Kareem.... I mean where do you start...

Magic.....same thing... you had one of the greatest players of all time still having so-called sports journalists bringing up his talk show as a way to taint his legacy...

"Laker Hate" actually becoming a thing with a name may have come about during the Shaq and Kobe era but it existed long before they got to LA...

it most certainly didn't come out of nowhere ..

its a reality of being a star in LA... Los Angeles...and also California in general is used as a pejorative in so many areas...politics..sports..entertainment are just a few....

I saw some right wing commentator speak on how the death of Kobe Bryant brings so many diverse people together during a time where the country is divided and folks shouldn't let the "media" divide us...yada yada....What that dude was seeing, is every day Los Angeles...we live like that on the daily..the Lakers have been the best example of that attitude of unity for a few decades...but trust and believe that's our baseline here...

and just like with anything else.... folks that ain't got it...can't fathom it...it makes them mad...and thus you got Laker Hate
2711550, RE: Laker Hate existed prior to Kobe....
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-31-20 06:38 PM
My lakers hate wasnt even based on that. I was just protecting jordan’s Throne, but now all of that is dead.

No more current lakers hate from me , which was actually just lebron hate.

I’m done with all that shit.

Kobe was amazing man. All the things I’ve learned about him, which I somewhat knew, was amazing. I will debate, but all the other shit is dead.

Dude didn’t drink, smoke, party or any of that ....and actually used to kick with people like Matt Barnes, etc. dude cursed and was just somewhat just a regular cat.

And smart as shit. With no college education. Spoke Spanish,German, mandarin, Italian....

2711548, the realest part
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Jan-31-20 06:09 PM
>He didn’t surpass Jordan on the basketball court, but he
>sure did surpass Jordan in personality and humanness. I’m
>going to miss that more than anything. I truly believe that
>Kobe and his daughter were going to change the WNBA.

the things I've seen come out about Kobe after his passing, how selfless the "selfish" guy could be, how gracious he could be. it would take a tragedy like this for it to be acknowledged.

this isn't the case for his hero, Cheese Eyes. at least as far as we know. Kobe showed up and showed out, and didn't want the credit or PR.

it's part of the reason I actually became a fan of Kobe over the years.

2711386, This is still so, SO weird.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-28-20 06:29 PM
I think most of us can't wrap our heads around it still, of course.

I'm trying to stay away from social media (I'm making an exception here I guess) today. My brain needs a break from just how sad this all is. \

But even weirder is, and this will change I'm sure...we're in this weird place right now where if the Lakers won it all this year, NBA fans would be at worst okay with it and at best actually happy for us. Lakers fans, on the other hand, on the whole probably don't care how the rest of this season plays out. Sure, we'd LOVE to win but also this year seems fucking meaningless.

It's a really weird time to live in.
2711621, So glad Dwight came here.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Feb-02-20 06:45 PM
Not only is he a key cog to the team, and hes redeemed the last 6 years or so, but he and Kobe made up. That would have fucked him up had he not.
2711626, I was wrong about Howard...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-02-20 07:32 PM
..his previous behavior left quite a bit to be desired, even for a team looking to replace the size & production of Cousins.

His maturity & effort has been nothing short of outstanding on & off the floor so far this season.

2711981, No hate. You guys needed to make moves.
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-07-20 12:42 PM
You got bigs, but that might be a detriment, because they don’t spread the floor.
AD is more of a mid range guy. And for teams that are excellent shooters and don’t need to go to the paint or does not rely on inside points, your Bigs are more of a negative.

That’s why the lakers are horrible against top teams. You guys are like what 6-11 or something.

Houston exposed that last night even more. Now that small lineup shit ain’t going to work against well balanced teams that can play the 3 ball and score inside. But it will work against teams like the lakers who can’t afford to give up 3s just to score 2s.

Teams who have killed the lakers: bucks, pacers,clippers,rockets, raptors, philly, Boston. Those are contenders.

Now I’m not saying Houston would be the lakers in a 7 game series, but those other great top teams, if lakers don’t make adjustments or FA moves, they might not even get to the western finals.

2712302, lol.. Houston didn't expose shit....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Feb-17-20 12:01 AM
this team is mourning...in a city that's mourning.... in a league that's mourning....

as I said in another post..it's going to be extremely difficult for this team to overcome this tragedy...

so lets not act like the houston rockets gimmick line up exposed anything during this time..

they don't want it with the Lakers, and neither does the rest of the league...
2712304, RE: lol.. Houston didn't expose shit....
Posted by allStah, Mon Feb-17-20 12:22 AM
The rest of the league does not want it with the lakers?

You have a losing record against winning teams. And you have 3 point shooting issues and bench scoring issues.

Not hating on the lakers, but other teams have wayyy more fire power. Most of the top teams have beaten the lakers, and this was before the tragedy.

Small ball puts pressure on bigs ...speed. You saw when Davis went out to the perimeter to guard Westbrook. Straight blow by. And with a team that shoots threes, nothing but long rebounds. And Vogel couldn’t go small to match, nothing on the bench.

You didnt address getting more three point shooting.
You didn’t address getting another ball handler
And you didn’t address getting a prolific third scorer.

But maybe the narrative has changed and winning it this year is not a big deal due to the tragedy. That’s gets a pass. So that’s cool too.
2711982, No hate. You guys needed to make moves.
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-07-20 12:42 PM
You got bigs, but that might be a detriment, because they don’t spread the floor.
AD is more of a mid range guy. And for teams that are excellent shooters and don’t need to go to the paint or does not rely on inside points, your Bigs are more of a negative.

That’s why the lakers are horrible against top teams. You guys are like what 6-11 or something.

Houston exposed that last night even more. Now that small lineup shit ain’t going to work against well balanced teams that can play the 3 ball and score inside. But it will work against teams like the lakers who can’t afford to give up 3s just to score 2s.

Teams who have killed the lakers: bucks, pacers,clippers,rockets, raptors, philly, Boston. Those are contenders.

Now I’m not saying Houston would be the lakers in a 7 game series, but those other great top teams, if lakers don’t make adjustments or FA moves, they might not even get to the western finals.

2712469, word on the street is we’re waiving Cuz and signing Markieff?
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Feb-21-20 07:33 PM
2712471, Boogie go bye bye
Posted by Beezo, Fri Feb-21-20 07:47 PM
2712472, RE: word on the street is we’re waiving Cuz and signing Markieff?
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-21-20 08:30 PM
I Really don’t get this. Keef is not as good as his brother, so he will clear waivers. I guess the lakers were so invested in trying to get collison, and that it was a sure thing, they didn’t work hard to go after Marcus..

So now they have to settle for scraps. This guy barely got tick in Detroit, where the roster is depleted and not a lot of good players.

Maybe he ups his game... is it worth waving Demarcus futuristically? We all know what he can do when healthy.
2712473, "didnt work hard to go after Marcus"
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Feb-21-20 08:59 PM
I'm really interested on the other goings on in the front office, can you enlighten me?

Because...you know...all reports are to the contrary.
2712474, RE: "didnt work hard to go after Marcus"
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-21-20 09:20 PM
it just appears the lakers are consistently striking out on getting good FAs. They didn’t get Collison. They don’t get Jackson, nor Marcus. And they settle for a truly scrap player , then waive a player who could potentially get back to superstar level to get said scrap player. Has desperate move written all over it.

At some point you have to question the tactics of management.

But hey like I said, maybe he ups his game.
2712475, You really think Cousins can get back to star level????
Posted by DJR, Fri Feb-21-20 09:23 PM
Cmon.
2712476, RE: You really think Cousins can get back to star level????
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-21-20 09:46 PM
Potentially. There is always potential. There was a time when acl tears meant career was over . Now they are routine surgeries, same thing with microfracture surgeries.

I never say never on a person’s ability.

I remember when people said Brees was done after tearing his shoulder in three places, and surgeons said his career was over.

Look at Fultz

Dominique Wilkins tore his Achilles and returned to all star level.

So it is possible. But to waive him for a scrap player, and after he stated that he might be able to return by the POs for the lakers?

Just seems like desperate and bad MGT.
2712481, I like Cuz but dude has been out almost 2 years thinking he could...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Feb-22-20 09:01 AM
come back in the playoffs and play at a high level is unrealistic.

Defensively Dwight & JaVale are better.

We got our dog in Markieff for way cheaper than his brother would’ve been I call that win.

2712483, RE: I like Cuz but dude has been out almost 2 years thinking he could...
Posted by allStah, Sat Feb-22-20 10:33 AM
He is only 29 years old. Coming back this year was/is probably stretch.

But I would not totally rule him out in the future. And when he came back from the Achilles injury he actually looked good, considering that was his first year back. Just needs time to get his game and form back once he actually comes back. It took rondo awhile, as well as PG and Hayward. That first year back is always a wash year just to get the feel back.

However, the lakers knew that, and with the commitment that was put forth by both sides make no sense. And after his podcast stating how the lakers are a family and how they support him, etc, and the long term vision, etc, then turn around and get waived a few days later.

And I imagine they probably would have cut him to make room for Collison had Collison decided to come back....let’s me know he wasn’t/didn’t expect it.

They can always resign in the summer I guess....just seems like a desperate move all the way around. But there are still a lot of question marks in the West, and I personally don’t think the lakers or clippers are shoe ins to get to the finals. Both have some serious issues in certain spots.

2712486, this is business...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Feb-22-20 12:43 PM
..its not always pretty, but this is par for the course.

Cousins will still rehab with the Lakers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers bring him back.

2712494, Cuz is rehabbing with the Lakers.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Feb-22-20 05:42 PM
So...doesn't sound like it was quite the rug pull you think it was.

But again, I don't work for the Lakers like you do so I'd be curious in hearing more.
2712485, Several major leg injuries, not just one
Posted by DJR, Sat Feb-22-20 12:18 PM
Combine that with hitting 30, big body, lots of miles....and he was already a guy who couldn’t play much defense.

He might be able to become a solid role player if healthy, as his offensive skill level will still be fine. But superstar? Extreme long shot.

It’s unfortunate.

And the Lakers are playing for now.
2712477, That’s a lot of words and not a lot of answering questions.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Feb-21-20 10:03 PM
They didn’t trade a bunch to get Morris. By all accounts the Knicks wanted more than they wanted to give. Clippers had other assets.

Nobody got Collison. He didn’t come back.

Reggie is whatever but as I said about another player - he clearly WANTED to go to the Clippers.

So again - what do YOU know that isn’t being reported?
2712479, RE: word on the street is we’re waiving Cuz and signing Markieff?
Posted by Master Thespian, Sat Feb-22-20 03:09 AM
Looks like Boogie will still be around the team rehabbing and working with Phil Handy. Sounds like he'll be back next year regardless.
2712480, Clippers game rescheduled as 3rd game in a back-to-back-to-back?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Feb-22-20 08:48 AM
April 8,9,10?
2712487, It was never gonna be easy...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Feb-22-20 12:50 PM
..We knew trying to reschedule a team this far into the season would be a daunting task when it was announced.

It is what it is.

2712580, Yesterday’s game proved that Celtics would beat the lakers in.
Posted by allStah, Mon Feb-24-20 01:53 PM
A 7 game series.

This team beat the lakers by 20 a few weeks ago, comes into LA, where Tatum abused
every player, and brown’s defense was elite. Plus no Kemba. Lakers needed everything to survive, and that almost wasn’t enough.

Celtics have 5 dynamic players, who can score and play defense. Just imagine if Hayward wasn’t trash.( weakest of the 5 )

East winning again. Buck, Raptors or Celtics.

2712582, The Kobe memorial's on. Nobody cares about this bad take.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Feb-24-20 01:56 PM
2712584, The personification of hilarisad...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Feb-24-20 02:00 PM
..I'm not even sure he's aware of it.

2712583, LMAO!..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Feb-24-20 01:57 PM
..Never change, man. Never change.

2712591, Man this memorial is something.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Feb-24-20 02:57 PM
Vanessa is jaw-droppingly strong. How hard this HAS to be for her, and she's handling it with grace most people can't ever think of having.

Jimmy Kimmel is just out there being great.

Beyonce, Alicia...seeing all these players in the crowd...seeing MJ holding Vanessa's hand as she walks down the stairs...wow.
2712648, So nobody is going to talk about Bron putting the youngins to bed....
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Feb-26-20 07:51 AM
last night?
2712652, nah cause it's whats supposed to happen
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Feb-26-20 09:24 AM
very entertaining game though.
2712653, Taco Tuesday!
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Feb-26-20 09:30 AM

2712717, Your guy really needs to load manage.
Posted by allStah, Thu Feb-27-20 12:10 PM
Father Time always wins. He missed the playoffs last year due to injury.
Now he has another groin injury. He could possible be jeopardizing the lakers chances
by actually trying to play every night.

Crazy that Pop started this a decade ago with young and old players, and no one said anything. You would think Lebron would understand that science and intelligence.
2712720, You've been wrong up and down this post.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Feb-27-20 01:00 PM
Just reminding you.
2712967, RE: You've been wrong up and down this post.
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-05-20 07:12 PM
Nope

- rondo not being washed ( that was you partner)
- lakers getting murked by bucks earlier
- Ball turning into an elite player and 3 point shooter ( which y’all need) as well as Ingram
- Lakers not being able to beat top teams like they beat bad teams.. Magic, raptors, clippers, heat,pacers,Bucks Celtics,sixers....they did follow up recently to get a win vs celtics( without Kemba) and sixers ( without their main stars)

Bucks in town . They already smashed once. Your squad better get that win to show they can hang with the big guys. Clippers as well.
2712984, ok
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Mar-06-20 01:31 PM
2713011, You can't even keep your fucking word
Posted by justin_scott, Sat Mar-07-20 02:07 AM
You said you wouldnt post anymore in this thread. Fucking liar. And you're wrong every single post.
2712964, Dion is a Laker.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Mar-05-20 06:06 PM
2712965, Contract year Dion >>>>> Troy Daniels
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Mar-05-20 06:11 PM
2712968, RE: Dion is a Laker.
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-05-20 07:14 PM
Congrats. This puts y’all over the top.
2712971, Obviously, it doesn't, and I know you're joking
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Mar-05-20 08:18 PM
But to act like this isn't a positive is crazy.

Troy Daniels gave us nothing.

Dion may give us something. Like Dwight, last chance for him. If he's an energy guy off the bench I'm cool.
2713048, I kinda love this acquisition
Posted by Vex_id, Sat Mar-07-20 03:26 PM
Obviously - anything you get out of Waiters is a bonus (and not something to rely on) - but this team needs another guy who can create his own shot - especially with Kuz is having an off-night (which has been far too often unfortunately).

If Waiters can be even a fraction of the player he was in Miami - this gives this team a viable offensive weapon in the 2nd unit.

Personally, I'm sick of suffering through Rondo's shot-selection lol. I'd take Waiters creating off the dribble any day over that.

-->
2713026, I’m here win or lose.
Posted by allStah, Sat Mar-07-20 11:36 AM
Lakers won, so both have protected their home court. Bodes well for Bucks with home court advantage as long as they win out, and with 5 games up. They should be good.

But if Middleton does not step up, there is no dice. AD dropped 30 points and him and lebron were able to switch on and off Giannis. Giannis guarded both when they had the ball, and the main guy on offense, so his second option is going to have to step up.

But the lakers won this one, so bragging rights are in their corner.
2719943, well, you do take a lot of L's
Posted by blackfoot_female, Sat Sep-12-20 11:33 PM
all of them self inflicted
2713075, AB showing them canine tendencies
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Mar-08-20 02:54 PM