Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: High Noon in ratings trouble again/ End of the Rydholm era at ESPN
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706961&mesg_id=2712617
2712617, RE: High Noon in ratings trouble again/ End of the Rydholm era at ESPN
Posted by allStah, Tue Feb-25-20 08:06 AM
I tried to watch the show several times, but it was too much of a replication of PTI, but
lacking personality, and I’m not that huge of a PTI fan. The platform is focused more on debating and less on discussion. Also, the show has a very arrogant tone to it, especially in how they deliver their dialogue, thinking they know more than everyone else. It’s cut from that LeBatard or highly questionable cloth (another show that I dislike). Those shows that have absolute takes, and that no other takes matter. Too subjective.

I watch The Jump, Jalen and Jacoby, and I can stomach PTI. What makes Jalen and Jacoby work so well is that their show is a combination of debate and discussion. The communication is balanced. They are not barking at each other, and they are not just going along for the ride either.

I grew up listening to sports radio and still listen to sports radio, as well as watching the sports reporter on espn. The debates and discussions are and were more in depth, and not just aggressive 1-2 minute hot takes, and they didn’t and don’t take shots at each other.

Highly Questionable, Around the Horn, PTI, and High Noon are all the same thing, where they give these quick hot takes in a certain amount of time, and they all come on right after each other. Sooner or later the audience is going to get bored or disinterested , and that’s going to lead to shows getting cancelled or left out because of overcrowding of shows that all do the same thing.