Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA membership does not guarantee a ticket
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706366&mesg_id=2708494
2708494, A membership does not guarantee a ticket
Posted by RandomFact, Thu Dec-05-19 05:17 PM
especially for Chelsea/City. If you don't have a ticket by now for that game you're not getting one for face value via conventional methods. There is no way.

The one perk the membership does give you is access to the Chelsea ticket exchange (the general public cannot access this). Members who have previously purchased tickets but can't attend put their tickets on the exchange. But you'll be fighting thousands of other members without a ticket for those random scraps. The odds of getting a ticket to that particular match is very slim.

>I'm gonna be in London when Chelsea play City at the Bride. A
>friend told me that he bought a year-long Arsenal membership
>so that he could get tickets to a game while he was there.

If you're willing to shell out $$$$ for the experience, you'll have to go through a website like seatsbay.com or livefootballtickets.com. I used Seatsbay. Ended up being around $160 USD/ticket after markup fees for Chelsea/West Ham (will be more for Chelsea/City). It was a weird experience as you can't select your seat (you can only select the section) and I didn't actually receive my tickets until matchday at the box office. Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous as the process was unlike anything I've experience before. But true to their word I received an email 24 hours before the game with ticket pickup info. They can also ship the tickets to a location in London 2-3 days before the match, but that was not a possibility in my situation.

Despite the price tag it ended up working out great. Tickets were under my name at the box office and the seats were great. I also received a Chelsea membership for 2019/2020 that apparently was part of the overall fee (and allowed them to have the tickets in my name).