Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject30 isn't old but 32-33, yeah, that's getting old for sure
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706176&mesg_id=2706625
2706625, 30 isn't old but 32-33, yeah, that's getting old for sure
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Nov-06-19 02:27 PM
And hell yes LeBron doing it not only with the age but also the mileage is just insane. Not many LeBrons out there though. Most guys start to show wear and tear in their early 30s and now the Dubs are supposed to reconfigure with a bunch of guys that age? I doubt it.

As far as tanking/no tanking, well, tanking won't save them but it might help them. They have to evaluate that internally. How many young guys might shape up by playoff time? Where is Klay in terms of a return and how much can he give them if he does come back this year? If they have positive inclinations on those things, they have try to make it as a low seed and bank on pieces locking into place at the right time. If they don't, well, then tanking couldn't hurt them.

>Excellent point and I think one of the reasons why they
>acquired him. D-Russ is a legitimate asset - and when Klay
>comes back there's not such a pressing need for him - but
>another team competing for a title may very well be willing to
>deal for him - but it will be interesting to see what trade
>value he commands in the market.

He's a versatile asset because of his age and not too enormous contract (due to it being his first big deal). I think their best bet would either be to trade for a good-value contract (e.g. Brogdon, though he won't get moved) and a future (some guy who was a top 10 pick not finding minutes yet), or to just trade him for an older big to make one big push in the next two seasons or so. But we'll see what's out there for him. But yeah I don't see him in the Bay long term.