Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Baseball is scared to really go in. Just want to put it all on one team.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2705273&mesg_id=2712252
2712252, RE: Baseball is scared to really go in. Just want to put it all on one team.
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-16-20 01:59 PM
>
>"We had a system in the old Comiskey Park in the late 1980s,"
>McDowell, who coaches at Queens University, told the radio
>station Friday. "The Gatorade sign out in center had a light;
>there was a toggle switch in the manager's office and
>camera zoomed in on the catcher.
>
>"I'm gonna whistle-blow this now because I'm getting tired of
>this crap. There was that -- Tony La Russa is the one who put
>it in. ... He's still in the game making half a million, you
>know? No one is going to go after that. It's just, this stuff
>is getting old where they target certain guys and let other
>people off the hook."
>

Right...if you peel back the layers and really start getting at everyone about everything related to trying to steal signs and general cheating period, this becomes steroids part 2 (with a b-side of Pete Rose foaming at the mouth trying to renew his HOF discussion).

Baseball, to me, is and has been a full of shit sport. Occasionally, it is super righteous and on some Tom Jackson 'purity of the game' talk even to its own detriment. Other times, its a 'well, everyone is doing it so let us just try to not let it get out of hand'. The HOF process is held hostage by ayyhole voters who are clinging to whatever power they have by rigging votes, voting regionally and/or with obvious bias, and/or almost always making sure no one gets a unanimous bid.

This Astros thing seems more like a group of folks figuring out newer ways to perform some old cheating. It's scumbag tomfoolery of course and hopefully the worst of it can be stopped going forward, but I am uninterested in the outrage and/or the hope that they get stripped of the title.

I hope this doesn't build a bridge to some NFL QB showing up 3 years after playing like shit in a key game and saying 'Team X pretty much knew my audibles. When I said 'chicken little' they knew what it meant. I'm suing'. Well wait...I hope that when this happens, no one GAF and folks keep it moving.