Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: That's interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2704158&mesg_id=2704235
2704235, RE: That's interesting
Posted by allStah, Mon Oct-07-19 04:29 PM
I believe you already know the answer to that. It's definitely going to be something that is verbally and visually supported. We're talking about a government that does not protect the many cultures of this country that have been brutalized. Hell, Native American reservations and the people are constantly attacked and beaten by people of law enforcement, and there is not one big protest in site to protect them or any government officials talking about it.

Now I do believe some of the politicians are absolutely sincere, but are they really going to push, push the envelope? The more pressure that is on China the better from the administration stance. So you know they are going to beat that drum.

But my whole point of posting that info was how this thing was going to backfire on the NBA for immediately supporting China, and how it was going to be perceived by the American people and the American government. Especially forcing an employee to back track on statements of freedom?

Silver and the rockets so concerned about Chinese fans and businesses, he forgot about the american fans, government and business at home, where the NBA exists.