Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: you don't know shit about shit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2704158&mesg_id=2704225
2704225, RE: you don't know shit about shit
Posted by allStah, Mon Oct-07-19 03:34 PM
We don’t have to agree. But see the responses for yourself. These are American responses. Simply hit twitter and Facebook to see them.

“Dear Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey,
I would love to continue supporting the team so long as the team holds to a few common sense ideals like, say, Democracy. Sad to see our Rockets misfire by apologizing to Communists.
Regretfully,
John E. Kostik, Watchman on the Ball”

“I remember when standing up for freedom and those fighting for it wasn’t controversial. Daryl Morey is the GM of the Houston Rockets. He tweeted out support for the people of Hong Kong. China responded to his tweet by severing all ties with the team and the NBA issued a statement distancing themselves from the tweet. Morey later deleted the tweet. NBA All-Star James Harden of the Rockets issued a statement apologizing to China. What a bunch of money hungry cowards! They should be standing with Hong Kong, not apologizing to a brutal communist government.”

“It is a rare day I agree with much in Rolling Stone magazine. However, the NBA, Houston Rockets & Tilman Fertitta
clearly chose money over the human rights of seven million people. The NBA (and basketball in general) is huge
on the mainland. But to see them do this is disgusting. Stifle an employee because his opinion might
make the government in Beijing unhappy...makes sense.”