Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's very bingable.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2702907&mesg_id=2703009
2703009, It's very bingable.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Sep-11-19 06:05 PM
I did like that Shelly's role and values got indepth reporting. I couldn't figure out if I should feel sorry for her - for being the 'sidepiece' to the sidepieces who Donald seemed to feel more connected to - or if she's a co-conspirator.

In a lot of relationships, one side may have questionable values and attitudes that the other half doesn't share. But I have a hard time believing she doesn't share many of the same warped, disgusting values and attitudes towards Blacks and other people of color as Donald. Especially in light of her comments about the tenets of one of their buildings. She seems complicit in Donald's racism somehow and it makes her much less sympathetic to me.

Like in most studies of people, its complicated.

I do wish the podcast spent more time on the players' reactions to the recording once it was released and also their grappling with a form of protest against Donald. And I do wish by some borderline miracle that she could have sat down with Vi Steviano(sp). I would like to hear more about how the drama affected her.