Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBYU is probably the biggest game in three years
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2702075&mesg_id=2702503
2702503, BYU is probably the biggest game in three years
Posted by will_5198, Wed Sep-04-19 10:10 PM
>No idea really, I'm just curious as to Will's thoughts. I
>didn't watch tenn last week. honestly, it's prob been years
>since i sat down and watched a tenn game from start to finish.

which sort of tells you everything about where Tennessee is as a program right now. lose that one, and Pruitt has a *hard* time selling his vision to the fanbase and even his own team.

I'm a strong believer in a three-year minimum, especially for a school as damaged as UT is right now, but the optics of an 0-2 start against Georgia State and BYU are unavoidably bad.

I watched most of the game last week and the OL and DL are humongous issues. they had issues all game against a FCS team. the defensive communication busts were inexcusable for Pruitt himself and the new DC Derrick Ansley, who is getting paid NFL money. I have been a Guarantano fan but he did not elevate himself at all, which is concerning for the most experienced leader of the offense.

more than schematics, though, this is just a mentally fragile team. when Georgia State punched back, they were all deer in the headlights. you always think the worst when you keep living it, year after year.