Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthe tried to clean it up in that tmz clip. but yeah. he said that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2701735&mesg_id=2701865
2701865, he tried to clean it up in that tmz clip. but yeah. he said that.
Posted by poetx, Sat Aug-17-19 12:28 PM
(he addressed it as a means to an end the 'end' being awareness of the problem, and his intents via this deal to turn the awareness into 'actionable items')

i'll give him the benefit of the reasonable doubt and posit that he sees this as a chess not checkers move. obviously he sees it as a come up for his brand and from his previous moves, it is also something that helps solidify him as a general power broker and a change agent.

i think there are two lenses through which to look at this.

what is the weighting on brand / power / justice in jay's eyes as he made this calculation. does he view all of it as 33/33/33 or 80/10/10? 20/40/40?

the second lens through which to view it is the actual results, which require time. in 1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs, 5 yrs, what actually gets done?

1 yr is prolly too short of a horizon unless this shit crashes and burns.

is he getting to spend NFLs money to do real shit that is beneficial, as opposed to photo ops and feel good local stories? (the hired out, skilled slave who saves up enough money to buy his own and his family's freedom?)

or is he just getting a cut on some shit that's already going to happen.

jury's out on all that.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad