Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBout goddamn time someone said it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2701735&mesg_id=2701802
2701802, Bout goddamn time someone said it
Posted by Beamer6178, Thu Aug-15-19 11:40 AM
>
>This is so silly & trite, so obviously a ploy to for
>the NFL to not have to deal with the Kaep problem
>
>And y'all praising this?
>
>Y'all have really, really, really low self esteem

"In a boost to the NFL's efforts around social justice, Roc Nation, the entertainment company founded by iconic rapper, businessman and activist Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, has agreed to lead the league's endeavors in music and entertainment."

- I need to know how this "boosts" efforts around social justice? By singing and dancing and rapping? Niggas have always been entertaining.

"As part of the long-term partnership, Roc Nation will advise on the selection of artists for NFL tentpole events, including the Super Bowl, as well as play a key role in the production and promotion of new music. The NFL's union with Roc Nation kicks off as the league celebrates its 100th season and serves as a commitment from both parties to amplify the league's Inspire Change initiative."
- Artists and music...social justice where???

"With its global reach, the National Football League has the platform and opportunity to inspire change across the country," he said. "Roc Nation has shown that entertainment and enacting change are not mutually exclusive ideas -- instead, we unify them. This partnership is an opportunity to strengthen the fabric of communities across America."

"Roc Nation is one of the most globally influential and impactful organizations in entertainment," Goodell said. "The NFL and Roc Nation share a vision of inspiring meaningful social change across our country. We are thrilled to partner with Roc Nation and look forward to making a difference in our communities together."

- Why so amorphous and vague about anything other than music and entertainment? What's the intent here? To make the NFL appealing to a community which is 70% of the league's players? To make white people like black music??

I'm always willing to be proven wrong, but I call bullshit right now.