Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou're right, lol. The point still stands, but I did fuck that up.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2701591&mesg_id=2701617
2701617, You're right, lol. The point still stands, but I did fuck that up.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Aug-08-19 05:39 PM
That's what I get for posting on OKP on my goddamn phone under the table during a meeting. I must've inadvertently moved the fucking Sports Reference stat slider. My bad.

The point stands, though. I mean, set aside the 1.5 APG over his last three years, one can come up with excuses for that, etc.-- but his career assist rate is atrociously low for a guy with his usage. When Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis both have *notably* higher career assist rates, that says there's a reason Melo isn't remotely known for his passing. He's a ball stopper.

Which, again, as said above, when he was at his peak, he was one of the best iso offense players in the world, and while he was never an especially good defender, he was closer to okay than terrible on D in his mid-to-late twenties. But now that his defense has declined considerably, and now that his shooting has been trending downward, he has to be able to move the ball to be considered for a vet position on a team. And that's just never been his game.