Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHardy vs Serrano one-sided as expected. Haney looks sharp af.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2701587&mesg_id=2703109
2703109, Hardy vs Serrano one-sided as expected. Haney looks sharp af.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-14-19 03:20 PM
So Heather Hardy vs Amanda Serrano.
Serrano is a 7-division champion (she's making history) but 6 of her belts were vacant. She faced the undefeated Heather Hardy last night at 126 and beat her up for a full 10 rd fight, almost KO'ing her in the 1st. My prediction was that Serrano would win and that it wouldn't be competitive due to Serrano being naturally bigger, having better form, punching way harder and Hardy just not being... that good, frankly, despite being undefeated. Now, supposedly this fight sets up the winner for a shot at Katie Taylor at 135, which I thought was silly before the fight, especially since Hardy's career has been from 118 to 126 and this fight was at 126. People are saying the Serrano vs Taylor fight needs to happen based on this victory, but I think Taylor beats Serrano, because Taylor had the most problems with Delfine Persoon who was a relentless puncher for a full fight (I thought Persoon won), but Serrano was relentless in rd 1 with Hardy. After she didn't stop her, she calmed down and boxed more relaxed. Hardy throws arm punches and has terrible balance, so Serrano outboxed her with relative ease. Serrano won't stop Taylor early, and she won't outbox her. I got Taylor winning that fight if it happens.

Devin Haney vs Zaur Abdullaev.
Haney's jab is incredible. I've gotta say it might be the best in boxing right now... so quick and powerful. The doctor stopped this one after the 4th. Abdullaev came away with a broken left orbital bone and his nose was fucked up. Haney won the interim WBC belt which makes him Lomachenko's mandatory. He even referred to Loma as "NOmachenko" in his post-fight interview because Loma allegedly doesn't wanna fight him. I see a couple of things that Loma could exploit with Haney in his defense. He also does offense like Floyd in that he doesn't probe to set up shots, just kinda waits on his opponent so he can counter. Never the less, it would be a really good fight.