Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2701587&mesg_id=2702475
2702475, RE: Interesting
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-04-19 11:01 AM
>I was certain Tank would go for Farmer's belt first. I felt
>like Farmer would be a relatively easy W for him.

Well he and his team actually tried to make the Farmer fight about a week ago. Farmer's contract was up, so he could fight anywhere without being beholden to a network. Team Tank offered him 2 million, and he turned it down, stating that he knows his worth, then immediately re-upped his contract.

>strictly in terms of weight class, I think that move favors
>Davis more than it does Loma, but we'll see how it plays out.
>If that fight doesn't happen in 2020, I could see Loma going
>back down regardless

Loma is an interesting case to me. He's too small for 135, but he's good enough to still beat guys in the fashion that he does. I'm thinking he wants to hurry up and get that IBF belt off the winner of Lopez vs Commey so he can move back down without having anymore of these intense challenges at 135. One thing that indicates that for me is Arum saying Shakur Stevenson (a 126-lber with Top Rank) is a "more competitive fight" than Devin Haney (135-lber with DAZN whose fight on Sept. 13th will make him the mandatory for one of Loma's belts). It's like they're already setting the table for getting the hell outta 135 ASAP without facing anymore real ones.
To your point tho, Loma did call Tank out like crazy before he himself moved up to 135. It was like he saw something in Tank that he felt he could exploit, so it'll be interesting to see if he still wants that particular fight at 135.