Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEven though I'm a bandwagon Warriors fan it's sad to learn about this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2699230&mesg_id=2703090
2703090, Even though I'm a bandwagon Warriors fan it's sad to learn about this
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Sep-13-19 09:11 PM
Durant signing with the Nets was the beginning of the end and Livingston retiring closes the door on the Strength in Numbers teams.

He was such a throwback, both with his steady, unflappable demeanor and his game itself. It was great watching him the first three years of his Warriors days when his pull up at the free throw line was automatic.

Even though his athleticism started to fade the last couple of years, he had a nose for great play. I guess the last big play he made was saving that ball from Kawhi and passing it out to Iggy who all but clinched Game 2.

But his story from almost losing his leg to being a key contributor to five Finals team is simply incredible and I think makes him one of the most remarkable stories in the NBA of his time.

I see him as a coach, but IIRC his mind is guiding towards a high-level executive role which he would be excellent as well. Seems to have a remarkable sharpness of intellect and commands respect from others.

Hats off to him!