Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectVaya con dios, Iggy. Welcome to the team, D'Angelo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2699230&mesg_id=2700701
2700701, Vaya con dios, Iggy. Welcome to the team, D'Angelo
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Jul-01-19 12:36 AM
First, Iggy will be missed. On a "personal" level, this one hurts more than KD. Iggy was a huge part in establishing the team's culture since he came here six years ago. He was a leader on the court and in the locker room. Loved him as a member of the "Three Wise Men." And he always brought it in the play-offs. But I'm also not shocked. Before the ink was dry on the new deal, there was already talk about how he'd make a good expiring contract to trade during the last year of his deal. Which is exactly what happened. Regardless, I hope when he's done playing in Memphis and retires, the team brings him back as a member of the coaching staff or front office. Lacob apparently love the guy.

As far as D'Angelo, I like the pick-up. We're going to need scoring with KD gone and Klay out a while, and he'll have lots of opportunities to score. I'm not sure how everything else shakes out and what other players are included in the deal, but it also **might** open up some room to pay more on the MLE. Shit is complicated.

Lost two MVPs in the same day and we're going to be fine.