Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2699230&mesg_id=2699286
2699286, The line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Jun-14-19 07:05 PM
It actually behooves Draymond to ask for an extension now, while he’s still eligible for a Supermax. Zero guarantee he’ll be eligible next off season.

I’m sure if they lose Durant the pressure will be for them to resign Draymond fast. I still maintain that if KD leaves, the Warriors let Draymond walk after next season and make a push for the hot shit free agents on the market next season. Like AD.

And yeah, the side effect of the injuries is that fewer teams make a bid for Klay and KD. But Myers is still gonna offer both of them the max. Which is what they’d offer them if they weren’t hurt.

I am guessing they let Iggy and Livingston ride because the injuries are going to effect overall performance this season. Then they both retire. I’d honestly like it if the organization hire both of them, and bring back David West, to work for the team, either as coaches or in the front office. Myers is already grooming his eventual replacement for when the window closes or the core players retire/move on, and I think it makes sense for Kerr to start cultivating young replacement candidates for when he decides to eventually pack it in.

Don’t know what to say about Bell. Seems like he’s got maturity problems. The shit with Mike Brown was not a good look for him. He spent most of the season in the dog house, but contributed during the end of the Rockets and during the Portland series. I think they had at one time hoped he’d become a starter, but that doesn’t like it’s happening.