Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm really not.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2699108&mesg_id=2720423
2720423, I'm really not.
Posted by khn, Wed Sep-16-20 02:17 PM
I didn't say anything regarding how he got to Toronto, firstly. That said, no need to reiterate the context. We know why he left SAS. We know what he accomplished afterward. We all get it.

But to suggest that this doesn't become a meaningful part of his legacy? That's apologist, straight up. Bron will wear '11 forever. Ditto GSW for the collapse in '16. And at least those happened *in the finals*

Another word or two regarding legacy - when we're talking about historical placement, we knock a lot of people for making dumb FA decisions, especially ones that register as anti-competitive. This LAC move definitely ticks the second box (the first is yet to be seen). But in the short-term, when you factor in that he left the defending champs (who probably repeat with him and also made it exactly as far in the 'offs as LAC without him)? For THIS? He HAS to do better.

In short - no one can take away what he's accomplished. That's not what I'm saying at all. But none of that excuses what happened this year, nor should it soften the blow if he fails to deliver going forward.