Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm gonna kick some real shit. First of all y'all know I'm a Longhorn
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2698660&mesg_id=2698669
2698669, I'm gonna kick some real shit. First of all y'all know I'm a Longhorn
Posted by J_Stew, Tue Jun-11-19 02:06 AM
and I was born in DC, so of course, I'm the biggest KD stan on the planet. I'm also not a moron.

Facts ("Hard truths cut both ways" -Stannis, the daughter killer, but still true):

-Thunder win the title if Klay doesn't go bonkers and hit 11 3's, the Thunder were the best team that year and Golden St was beat up from that series and ran cold against the Cavs

-KD joins Warriors, people think he might be the 3rd option (OMG, lol, but true) and is just there to passively get a ring

-KD carries the team because let's be honest Steph and Klay can go OFF at times, but consistency is in question, KD is Mr. Consistency, wakes up on game day knowing he's getting 25+ on efficient shooting (the anti-Kobe). Iggy and Draymond were often the 2nd and 3rd best players on the court those 2 years. No sleight to Klay because he always put 100 percent into locking down whoever he guarded and he's the human spacer, allowing everyone else to get theirs without doing anything but being there.

-Warriors were a one and done championship team without him, no dynasty, nope. They needed him as much as he needed them.

-Warriors fans go apeshit this year when they sweep a mediocre, guard-heavy team without any frontcourt talent, "Oh, we're better without him!" JFC, that level of disrespect doesn't even exist in most other fanbase's realities. It's almost like the Patriots or Packers saying they'd be better without Brady or Rodgers because the backup QB played well against some garbage teams.

-Even in a limited time before the injury, you can see how much better they are with him, he's built for grind it out, playoff-style basketball

-Fuck Toronto fans. In their defense, I think they got caught up in the moment and were cheering their team's shot at winning when KD went down, but its still not a legit excuse. I've been in the building when Todd Day went down against UT and would never have dreamed of cheering for someone to be in that kind of pain, and we hated Arkansas in that era. I've also been to OU games when a Longhorn or Sooner got hurt, everyone applauded when they were OK, and again, we hate each other between the lines. YOU JUST DON'T CELEBRATE A PLAYER SUFFERING LIKE THAT. EVER.

-I hope he stays, it's clear that despite the media trying to put a wedge between these guys, they have each other's backs, and that's all that matters.

-If he comes back from injury and stays, they get 3 more titles (dead serious).

-If KD never plays again he's a first ballot HOFer and the greatest offensive weapon of all time. You can't put him on Lebron, MJ, or Kareem level, but easily as good or better than Magic, Bird, Dr. J. Any kind of Kobe comparison: LOL. If your top 5 doesn't include him, bless your heart.