Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDraft him on versatility potential and pray.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2697432&mesg_id=2698501
2698501, Draft him on versatility potential and pray.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-10-19 05:09 PM
I'm not overly high on this guy, because while he started the season well, he really started to struggle down the stretch. He's still too skinny-- classic late growth spurt shit-- but has potential in some areas. He's a good catch-and-shoot 4. He's got good height and length. He's pretty mobile for his size.

Buuuuuuuut he can't defend. He can't shoot doing anything other than catching and shooting. He can't handle. He can't drive. So... what does he do, really?

I think you draft him in hopes of adding 30 pounds of muscle to him and you hope his average rebounding fixes itself with added strength. He'll never be a positive defender-- and it's unlikely he'll be average-- but maybe he can be a hustle guy underneath? Or you improve his shooting?

I'm obviously not high on him. I've seen him mid-first on some mocks... but I have him at the top of the second. The potential is there, but it's exclusively in his body. You have to believe a *lot* in a late bloom.