Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectno but he knows the eagles fan base won't go to bat for him
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2697058&mesg_id=2697075
2697075, no but he knows the eagles fan base won't go to bat for him
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri May-24-19 06:10 PM
Jim Rice had a good portion of a huge fan base behind him. Tim Raines had a few very dedicated Montreal writers and some analytics nerds backing him. McNabb won't get that much of either party's support I bet. A lot of Eagles fans treated him unfairly, let's face it there was plenty of racism there and the usual, uh, surliness (read: impatience, unreasonableness and stupidity). Then a lot of people were, in my view rightfully, disappointed by his inability to win even one Super Bowl with all those playoff appearances.

>https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm
>
>FTR, other QBs with similar numbers...not in the HOF;
>Carson Palmer
>Vinny Testaverde
>Drew Bledsoe
>Dave Krieg
>Boomer Esiason

None of those guys will ever be in the HOF and I think only a couple maybe had a chance at one point in their career. Passing yardage was inflated as early as the 80s and today it's inflated AF. That alone won't get you in. But McNabb was largely efficient, he could make plays with his feet (spectacularly early in his career) and he has plenty of team success behind him if not the BIG game.

>Further, there are currently active QBs with similar/better
>numbers;
>Drew Brees
>Tom Brady
>Ben Roethlisberger
>Eli Manning
>Phillip Rivers
>Matt Ryan
>Aaron Rodgers
>Matthew Stafford

>All of these guys can't get in

Most of those guys will get in though. Brees, Brady, Ben and Rodgers are locks. Manning and Rivers have very good chances, especially factoring in Manning's two rings and his market. Ryan is borderline. Stafford won't make it but Jesus he won nothing.

I think QBs will still get a lot of love from the HOF and as such he has a decent case.