Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is absolutely false. Here are the numbers.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2696749&mesg_id=2696912
2696912, This is absolutely false. Here are the numbers.
Posted by BSharp, Wed May-22-19 07:07 PM
I've watched all of these games, by the way. I'm obviously a biased Blazers fan, but I'm willing to admit when someone has our number.

For example--I remember Jrue Holiday dominating Lillard in Dame's rookie year when he played for the Sixers, and it not only informed my opinion of Holiday's talent, but also informed my fear of him before the Blazers played New Orleans last year in the playoffs.

I've never been afraid of Lillard in a matchup against Westbrook. Ever.

Here are the numbers in the past four years (since 2015-2016), which I figured is a good starting point because that is the duration of Lillard's tenure leading the team, post-Aldridge.

Lillard: 28.0 ppg 44/32/92 , 4.3 rpg, 6.9 apg, 1.5 spg, .64 bpg
Westbrook: 29.7 ppg 43/27/77 , 7.6 rpg, 8.7 apg, 1.4 spg, .57 bpg

Even with OKC's season sweep against Portland this season--which included 2 games that the Blazers should have won--Russell's quote-unquote dominant performance against Dame netted him a Won-Loss record versus Portland of... wait for it... 7-7.

Couple that with Dame's undeniable--numbers, eyetest, whatever--DOMINANCE of Westbrook in this season's playoffs, and you tell me who's been busting that ass for years.