Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA few other things: 1. Portland won't be THIS bad defensively Game 2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2696182&mesg_id=2696303
2696303, A few other things: 1. Portland won't be THIS bad defensively Game 2
Posted by mrhood75, Wed May-15-19 01:41 PM
I know the Blazers aren't exactly known for their defense, but this was really awful. I don't know what the heck Stotts was smoking when he came up with this defensive scheme, but leaving Curry and Klay open to shoot 3s isn't a sustainable strategy. I guess he decided it was better to have Kanter stand around like a statue 15-feet away from the ball rather than defend Curry at the 3-point line, lest Curry dribble around him and score 30 points in easy lay-ups. I'm guessing they come up with something better tomorrow. Shoot, they have to.

2. Even with Curry scoring at will, the Warriors defensive superiority, and the Blazers' defensive deficiency and turnovers, the Warriors were still only up by 6 at the beginning of the 4th. The Blazers ran out of gas after that. A good chunk of the closeness of the game had to do with the free throw disparity and sloppy Warriors play in the first half, but Blazers were in it long past they had any right to be. Lillard and McCollum will likely bounce back tomorrow.

3. But, again, if the Warriors are this on defense, none of it will matter.

4. I see Lillard playing for Oakland love by wearing the A's jersey. Well played. Warriors love supercedes all tho.