Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject... but it's the Knicks tho, lol.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2696117&mesg_id=2696307
2696307, ... but it's the Knicks tho, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed May-15-19 02:11 PM

>Knicks have like 72 mil in cap space. All they have to do is
>NOT f*ck this up in the summer and they should be contenders
>next season.

They will absolutely find a way to fuck up, because Dolan. Maybe in their best case scenario, they get one good season in before something-- talent, chemistry, shitty trades, whatever-- fucks them up once more.

>Yeah but the Pels keep more flexibility to evaluate the roster
>with the Knicks package. Kuz, Ingram and Ball will be up for
>cash, REAL soon. I also don't think the rest of the league
>values Ingram and Kuz the way you do.

Eh. Ingram's got a year, then a qualifying offer season, then RFA. Kuz, Ball, and DSJ all have a year, then a club option, then a qualifying offer, then RFA. Knox has a year, then two club options, then qualifying, then RFA. Robinson doesn't have any guaranteed money after next year IIIRC. So if the Pels don't like literally any of these guys, they can try to re-ship them or tell them to fuck off.

And if they do like these guys... well, they're New Orleans. You're one of the smallest markets, you aren't getting better options. Pay dat myan hees myoney. (c) Malkovich in Rounders. Especially considering that Randle is probably likely to opt out given that he and Zion likely play the same position (unless they ran small ball with Zion at the 5, which would fucking RULE but I doubt we get to see, lol). I'm not convinced they'd attract a free agent wing as good as Ingram.

Of course, this is all beating around the bush with the fact that *neither* of those packages are probably the best fit for Zion, given that Zion would thrive best on a team with exceptional three point shooting, so if Knox and Ingram are the best three-point shooters in a three-player package you can offer, that's... ungood, lol. That'd lead us back to the Celtics and/or other teams. But that's a whole different convo, obviously.