Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKeith looking like food after that last performance against Lopez
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2696014&mesg_id=2696224
2696224, Keith looking like food after that last performance against Lopez
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed May-15-19 01:10 AM
He almost got knocked out in the 7th round although he won the rest of the fight fairly comfortably. In his defense, he was coming off a 2-year layoff.

I'm pretty sure that performance has a lot to do with why Pacquiao wants to fight him instead of Errol Spence. Pacquiao recently signed with Al Haymon & PBC and supposedly attended the Spence vs Garcia fight to get in the ring and challenge the winner at the conclusion of the fight, but he he went all "I'm happy to be here" when they asked him if he wanted to fight Errol next lol. That said, my only concern here is that if Pacman wins, is he up for the Spence challenge to unify? Thurman finally talks like he is, but we'll see. Pacquiao is supposedly only fighting 2 more times after this.

As for how the fight will go, it's difficult to make a prediction based solely on Keith's first fight back after the layoff. If he comes in here like he did his last fight, eh... Pacman might eat him like a blue ghost. Keith didn't do extremely well when Lopez decided to pressure him, but he staved him off by backing up and using some simple angles. Pac's pressure is different in that he comes in quicker and with more unorthodox angles. However, Keith has a really high fighter IQ, so it'll be competitive. I suspect that Keith will come to this fight much improved from his last performance though. Should that happen, Pacman can take an L. Pac while still good, isn't what he used to be. He's still quick and still packs a punch. His punches are still very sudden and almost random. Frankly, he's still quite exciting to watch. Even tho he's older, he also has the benefit of staying in shape consistently for years and not being the one bouncing back from a layoff.