Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectok after a lot of drama and foolishness we got what we wanted...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2692888&mesg_id=2699415
2699415, ok after a lot of drama and foolishness we got what we wanted...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-16-19 09:59 AM
next steps:

The AD trade combined with the unfortunate injuries in GS has suddenly shifted the Lakers into the power seat for 2019 free agency.

We still have a lot of cap space, it may be slightly less than the max so that could possibly take some of biggest names off the top of the list if that's what they are looking for.

I don't see Kawhi taking a pay cut coming off a Finals MVP season plus after winning a title as "the man" I can't see he wanting to share the spotlight with Lebron and AD.

Kyrie seemed the struggle with the idea of being the 2nd fiddle to Lebron, would he really want to be 3rd behind Lebron AND AD?

Kemba is interesting, I'm not as high on him as some but he's going to be more wide open than he's ever been in his life and could flourish offensively. He is a concern defensively so would definitely have to be paired with a solid defensive 2 if we went that route.

There's some chatter that Jimmy Butler might be interested in coming back to the West. That would give us and elite perimeter defender and a solid scorer who like Kemba above will be more wide open than he's ever been in his life.

if we went with him Pat Beverly could be and option at PG along side of him.

There is also the option of bringing Rondo back.

Other free agent options to consider to fill out the roster:

Ariza is getting a little long in the tooth but still is a solid 3 & D guy...

I've always liked Marcus Morris and I feel like he could give us some needed toughness. If healthy his brother could be a cheaper option...

As I've said even though he was milk carton status at times in the Finals I like Danny Green as a solid 3&D guy with championship experience...

Mirotic is an interesting FA that would definitely provide some shooting...

I'm not sure if Brooke Lopez would be interested in coming back to LA...