Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, I watched a good 15+ duke games this year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2692103&mesg_id=2692183
2692183, Yeah, I watched a good 15+ duke games this year
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Apr-03-19 08:54 AM
And browsed through many of the ones I missed (DVR'd their season).

People are underestimating him it seems, which is ridiculous to think about.

He's BIGGER than LeBron and likely just as strong. And that's without one day with 24/7 pro training. And he's just as fast.

He gets tons of steals and is great at weakside blocks. I mean he's likely 6'6" (6'7" if we're being generous) and he had guys afraid to shoot layups in the Mich state game. Let alone he blocked a 3.

His vertical leap makes him a shot blocking/altering threat. His speed makes him a bull on the break.

He has great post foot work and I watched him routinely and effectively use post moves on guys 6'9"-6'10" this year.

He can guard the perimeter and the post. He'll have limited success with both in the pros but he's at minimum serviceable. He won't be a bum on D. And he'll be strong enough to still use the things that made him successful in college when he goes pro.

Rookie yr, I see something like 16/18ppg, 7-8rpg, 1-2apg, 1stl, 1.5blks.

He needs a better outside shot (but he'll get there, he's mediocre outside now, has time to work on it), could be better with his counter moves (he'll run into some of the LeBron schemes if he doesn't variate and he's not as good of a passer to keep teams as honest) and I'd say dropping 15-20lbs to get him around Bron's actual weight is ideal for his knees as a pro with all the wear the season brings.