Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThey have the best record in baseball over the last 3 months
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2691707&mesg_id=2702171
2702171, They have the best record in baseball over the last 3 months
Posted by Call It Anything, Sun Aug-25-19 06:49 PM
And they've gained 2.5 games on the Braves in that span. Looking increasingly likely they're hosting a 1 game in DC to play the Dodgers.

Bullpen is still shaky and I wish they had made a move and gotten someone like a Jose Abreu to platoon at 1B with Matt Adams, but damn they've been fun to watch since bottoming out with that sweep against the Mets and everybody on Fire Davey-watch. Rendon is leaving with a bang and Soto is quietly having an historic 20-year old season. Howie Kendrick is a damn secret weapon. Robles is a beast on the bases and in the field with enough pop to keep it interesting. Eaton isn't what they traded for but respectable.

They've had better teams on paper but that shit hasn't made any kind of difference since 2012, so I'd love to see the team win one when they were the lesser team. In a 5 game series against the Dodgers? Scherzer twice, Strasburg twice, and Corbin? I'll take that over any 3 starters in either league right now.

I was doing the math today, if Ryan Zimmerman comes back healthy, is he on the playoff roster? I can't say for sure that he is. If they were taking 13 pitchers, I'd probably rather have Asdrubal Cabrera over Zimmerman. I guess is they take 12 and Matt Grace watches from the comforts of home?