Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI wouldn't have Rudy T. Jones is borderline top 10, let me think here ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690870&mesg_id=2690929
2690929, I wouldn't have Rudy T. Jones is borderline top 10, let me think here ...
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Mar-18-19 05:02 PM
It's hard to rate some current guys like Kerr, Pringles, Spo and Doc though Doc has a pretty big body of work now.

Red
Pop
Feel
LB
Riley
Hannum

That's six guys I would *definitely* have on the list. From there the aforementioned guys plus Daly, Jones, Holzman, Heinsohn, Sloan and Cunningham are kind of battling it out to me. It's kind of hard to differentiate them as making or missing the cut to me. With both Heinsohn and Jones there was always kind of the suspicion that they were an arm of Auerbach, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since they were successful and obviously anyone would have counted on his advice. Pringles not enough top-level success but then again that could have been said of Brown at one point and I'd still have had him top 10, and Sloan also never won a title. Kerr has only had one shot, I think I'll be more comfortable putting him here once he's had another job or a different group at GS. That same thing works against Billy C, but damn he did a helluva job and with some turnover there. There are probably some guys I am missing and I could hear arguments for like Lenny Wilkens and Nellie among others also. John Kundla is another one but that's before the time of anyone I know.