Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJust a genuine garbage division
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2688398&mesg_id=2697056
2697056, Just a genuine garbage division
Posted by Walleye, Fri May-24-19 02:05 PM
If this were 2006 and we still played each of those teams like thirty times, I might feel good about being confident.

I know it's unsustainable, but they're winning so often and by so much that it's getting increasingly difficult to see:

a)what will go wrong
b)how it will severely damage their playoff hopes

I mean, the answer to number one is that everybody starts playing several degrees worse. I like Jorge Polanco as a player but I don't think he's as good as Mike Trout. Cron, Schoop, Gonzalez, Cruz, Pineda, and Perez were all pretty cheaply available to the rest of the league, who collectively passed.

The answer to number two is that maybe they will make the playoffs (maybe - banked wins, you know) but if they hold this up for another month or two then we're looking at a different question about end-of-season results. And in that case, I'm pretty comfortable saying Houston is definitely better. New York and Boston are good and have the resources to get better more abruptly than Minnesota does. And the Rays are having the same fun and weird season with just a couple fewer wins.