Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAre the Twins good?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2688398&mesg_id=2691970
2691970, Are the Twins good?
Posted by Walleye, Sun Mar-31-19 05:39 PM
It's too early to make predictions, and they're going to spend a bunch of time this summer regretting what appears to be a thin middle infield situation and trying to tread water through the inevitable slumps in a low-contact offense. Plus the bullpen. So when I ask "are the Twins good?" I mean that in the fully qualitative sense where we can watch them play baseball and enjoy the hell out of it because they're fun and can score and prevent runs successfully.

Through three games we've got a weirdly un-Minnesotan strikeout rate from our starters (including Martin Perez, who wasn't great tonight but looked looked really good until he didn't) and today's offensive breakout in the cold. Buxton's been hitting. The right-handed power has been there. It's also not one of those starts where everybody's clicking and you have to shrug "well, they can't all be great all the time" because Kepler and Rosario have been awful. Schoop's defense at second makes me put on my pretend scout hat and cringe.

But it's been fun, right? Also, nice start today for WILLIANS!!!