Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectUpping the 2019 one? jk we need to start the 2023 one soon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2688365&mesg_id=2783644
2783644, Upping the 2019 one? jk we need to start the 2023 one soon
Posted by upUPNorth, Wed Feb-22-23 04:49 PM
The fan thing can be a bit of both, it feels like there might be more driver centric ones as of late, but there is a history of Team/Manufacturer fandom, Ferrari being the most prevalent in terms of having fans everywhere and Ferrari being bigger than the driver to them. I actually got into F1 partly because of a University friend who was all in for Ferrari. I'm mostly a Day 1 Lewis guy, knew I was rooting for him before he even got to F1 when I saw some of his lower class stuff. I still like McLaren for that reason, but I'm a fan of the Mercedes dynasty now.

From google the current points system came in in 2010, I wasn't really sure but that sounds right, it was a little after I started watching.

I mean, George and Lewis seem to get on well for now. I don't think the Ferrari guys hate each other. Verstappen's #1 status tends to override anything with his teammate. The new Alpine lineup has history, and the new Haas one. The show might make it seem more dramatic than it is, also I'm not sure what race seasons you're in.

The Motorsports post is pretty chill, we could use any activity lol
New or old, we've all picked our sides probably.