Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Championship is done in Texas. Hamilton just needs 4 points
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2688365&mesg_id=2706027
2706027, RE: Championship is done in Texas. Hamilton just needs 4 points
Posted by upUPNorth, Wed Oct-30-19 12:55 PM
I haven't seen anything about William's seat, and I check the F1 website stories regularly. I wonder what the situation is with Hulkenberg too, is there not enough trust in the William's car to entice a certain caliber of driver that would even want to try to develop it.
I might be wrong, but I thought Mclaren-Mercedes aren't together until 2021. I thought it was next year when it was announced at first too, but I think they are aligning it with that year's bigger rule/car overhaul. I like seeing them get close to the top 3 though, and if that partnership made them competitive it would be great for the sport. The dream is Renault figure their stuff out as a single team and get 5 top teams, though I don't know what that would mean for the back half of the grid.
I'm still just all in on Hamilton breaking the 90+ win mark and getting a 7th. I don't know who I'd root for after, I'm kinda anti-Verstappen, I like Leclerc but have always left Ferrari fandom to the friend who got me in to F1. I'd be cool with Russell as Merc's long time goal, or Mclaren-Mercedes and Norris bringing back that old glory. I'd even like Ricciardo and Renault if they were contenders, I really liked those Renault/Alonso glory years.