Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLeClerc needs to start slapping people at Ferrari now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2688365&mesg_id=2697180
2697180, LeClerc needs to start slapping people at Ferrari now
Posted by spenzalii, Sun May-26-19 05:10 PM
He couldn't have had a worse showing at his home race if he tried. Why Ferrari didn't send him back out in Q1 and then had to watch helplessly as Vettel took him out of contention is beyond me. There's really no excuse for that. Mind you, he did himself no favors trying to get around Hulkenberg and shredding the floor with his blown tire. Not sure what's worse, being the only DNF or finishing behind Williams. Either day, a weekend he wants to forget and plenty of strategy questions for the Tiffosi squad.

Max tried to win the race in the pits and got slapped with a time penalty, effectively dropping him off the podium Even had he got past Lewis, he wouldn't have got 5 seconds clear of him, so he couldn't win or make 3rd place with the penalty. However, he did manage to spoil another 1-2 Mercedes finish, so, progress?

Hamilton did a remarkable job keeping the car on track with tires that were toast and MAx getting punchy near the end of the race. Was it more impressive than Ricciardo's win last year with a gimped engine? Hard to say, as you don't need power around Monaco, but you do need to turn. Nikki Lauda would have been proud.

Two Torro Rossos and a McLaren in the points? Wow.

Not sure if Bottas should be more upset with Verstappen or Stroll. Either way, I don't think he could have caught Vettel (who supposedly was having overheating issues, but on this track, may not have mattered)

Honestly, I don't care much for Monaco, as unless you qualify P1 and/or manage some heroics on the first corner, the race becomes a parade for rich people on their yachats instead of an actual race. I'd have no problem if this race was dropped from the schedule, but it would never happen for historic reasons more than anything.