Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAfter a period of clowning, I'd say this is a big TBD for both teams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2686068&mesg_id=2686149
2686149, After a period of clowning, I'd say this is a big TBD for both teams
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jan-31-19 06:42 PM
Knicks use their best player/only real asset to completely clean up their cap. They get up to $75M in cap space here for the summer. They also get two firsts and possibly some assets for the flip of DJ and/or Matthews. So this deal really hinges on the success they have in free agency. Not a big fan of the move but I don't know what else was on the table and obviously KP wasn't staying. I don't buy that this was a knee-jerk move, obviously they've known for a while he wanted to bounce or at least pretty well knew it.

For Dallas, well worst-case scenario they only get KP for a year or his knee never gets better. More likely scenario they now have two central pieces with KP and Doncic. Best-case scenario they get KP on his qualifying offer next year, add another big piece and have a big three for when he signs a huge UFA deal the following season.