Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What does Ainge really have to offer?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2685722&mesg_id=2685826
2685826, RE: What does Ainge really have to offer?
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Jan-28-19 09:21 PM
>We know Boston has an assload of pics. But I'm thinking New
>Orleans will want players in return also.

I imagine Ainge knows he can't get this down on just college kids with potential. He knows that his young guys are going to be have to be part of the deal.

>It seems like that would be more interested in Tatum & Brown
>in return, but would Danny be willing to part with them?

I'd think any offer Ainge would make to NO without those two would be a non-starter. Maybe they'd be able to include either Hayward or Horford just to free up some money to save on luxury tax. But no matter what, Boston would have to come up off both the young players. Plus some of the picks.

>Would AD, Kyrie, Hayward & Horford be a true contender?

Don't see why not. One of the top 4 players in the league, one of the best one on one guys in the league. Veteran center and swingman. Plus whatever younger players are leftover. It will certainly keep them in the mix.

>Can they max AD AND Kyrie with the Hayward and Horford contract
>on the books?

If the get Davis then the get his Bird rights. Which means that they can sign him to the biggest contract regardless of salary cap implications. They'd pay a shit-ton in luxury tax, but if they thought they were going to be in a better position to win a chip, they'd do it.