Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIn a way, I'm happy for the Pelicans / Lakers played themselves, no?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2684563&mesg_id=2686851
2686851, In a way, I'm happy for the Pelicans / Lakers played themselves, no?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Wed Feb-06-19 09:53 AM

Again, what was the rush for the Pelicans? There was one credible (desperate) suitor, of course they should ask for as much as they can. And if there's no real urgency on their part, and Davis/Paul(Bron) have already showed their hands, why rush? Rich Paul and AD thought they could just will this into existence, never considering that in the end they don't really have power like that, don't really have the most leverage. Worse yet, the Lakers are now going to be forced to offer up even MORE than they offered this time around, because all it will take next time is one more suitor to crank up the heat in Staples Center (presumably Boston.)

Man I come away from this thinking, like I've thought many times before, that Danny Ainge is the most gangster GM there is. He spoiled the Lakers plans, hinted at making Tatum available, then probably won't make Tatum available and will still offer the nicest rebuilding package this Summer.