Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPlease educate me why I should be concerned right now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2678822&mesg_id=2679097
2679097, Please educate me why I should be concerned right now.
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Nov-15-18 03:37 PM
How is this going to impact whether or not we win a championship this year?

How is this going to impact long term "chemistry issues, especially when every Warrior fan has known for two years or so that if they team is can only offer one of these guys a Supermax deal, it'll be KD? And not because "OMG KD AND DRAYMOND HATE EACH OTHER AND THEY HAVE FOR YEARS!!!!", it'll because of money and the luxury tax.

Because unlike KD, Draymond has been incredibly clear about his next contract: he's not taking any discounts or signing team friendly deals. He's going to want the max that the team can give him because he thinks they've had him at a discount. Which is his prerogative, but also Warriors fans understand if the team doesn't decide to sign Draymond to a Supermax deal if he's eligible for one.

If anything, after Tuesday night's game, I'm more convinced than ever that they find a way to work things out on the court and probably off. Curry's going to be out for at least a week or two, and they've got a lot of tough-ish games, and the flow of their offense looked bad with both Curry or Draymond. So the two of them not finding a way to work together sounds ridiculous.