Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEverything about the coverage and fan reactions is insufferable.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2678822&mesg_id=2679083
2679083, Everything about the coverage and fan reactions is insufferable.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-15-18 01:56 PM
On one hand, it's ESPN overblowing of a temper flare-up-- which happens *all the time*, but isn't always so public-- because Durant, Draymond, and trouble makes for SEO/clickbait/ratings magic. It's irritating, as is basically anything ESPN does.

On the other hand, the adamant insistence from Golden State fans that it's absolutely, definitely, undeniably nothing is weird, because while I tend to agree that it's more likely to be nothing, any honest fan would admit that you don't like seeing these sorts of flare-ups be so public and that teams with title aspirations can't really afford long-term chemistry issues. I'd understand if Warriors fans in 2-3 weeks, when the team continues playing well (as they will), came out and said, "See? Everything's fine"... then. But now? I think mild concern should be the bare minimum. But most Warriors fans here and on social media seem content to mock the very notion that anything here is worth any type of concern. Which is equally annoying to ESPN's insistence that this is absolutely, definitely, undeniably SOMETHING.

To rephrase Phil Hartman's classic SNL bit, "This isn't something, this isn't nothing."