Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCome on man. People in here are absolutely hating on Draymond
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2678822&mesg_id=2678937
2678937, Come on man. People in here are absolutely hating on Draymond
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Nov-14-18 01:10 PM
I've lost count of how many times people are in here calling him a bitch.

The subtext of about 90% of the responses is "I really, REALLY hope that this breaks up the team!" (which it won't)

And here's the harsh reality: nothing Draymond said was wrong. Yeah, he put it indelicately to say the least, but he wasn't wrong.

- Draymond has been making plays for years.
- The Warriors did indeed win a chip before KD got here
- Draymond isn't a scrub
- KD has been making the whole season about him and whether he's going to stay or leave. He has been keeping the story alive and making it so that both he (Durant) and the rest of the team have had to answer questions about it all season so far. Now, there's not much KD can have done about it beyond just re-signing in the off-season (which he isn't going to do until he's Supermax eligible), but it's true.

So, if indeed it's been hanging over the locker room all season, good for Draymond for getting it all out in the open. This is like when there's tension between you and a friend, and instead of dancing around because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, you get that shit out there so that you can deal with it. He shouldn't have called KD a bitch as many times as he did, but his sentiments were correct.

Now, I'm still of the opinion that this shit still isn't a big deal. And I'm still of the opinion the KD is staying. But if KD doesn't stay (he will), it won't be because of this, and if the Warriors don't re-sign Draymond in the 2020 off-season (they may not) it won't be because of this.