Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, I mean, he *did* make the play of the game...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2678096&mesg_id=2684665
2684665, Yeah, I mean, he *did* make the play of the game...
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jan-16-19 12:40 AM

>Frank made the play of the game with the steal and layup to
>make it 91-88 in OT, IMO.

It was when he sprained Tre's shoulder. Changed the game literally in a flash.

I'm not saying he meant to do it. He didn't. It's definitely a "shit happens" scenario. And yet, because he was the guy there, like Matt Howard before him (the fuck is it about Howards?), he's the guy I hate now.

>If he rounds into form, Cuse
>can still become the team they were projected to be - which
>was a top 4 ACC team playing for a high seed and a dangerous
>March team.

Not to be a skeptic on the tail of a loss to this team, but *so* much of your offense is predicated upon iso possessions and taking contested long 2s/drives. I lost count of the possessions in the Duke game where I shrugged and thought, "That was well-defended, not sure what else you can do." I mean, that's what your offense was last year too and y'all did your usual March run, so fuck do I know... that just doesn't seem like a recipe for sustained regular season success to me. It seems like the type of game that allows you to get hot and beat the best when you're hitting and lose to absolute shit when you're not. They'll be underdogs at least six more games this season-- I think 10-8 is a realistic goal, which should again be good for that 9/10ish seed range imo, assuming you win another big game or two.