Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAhhhh. It's come to this.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2677386&mesg_id=2677434
2677434, Ahhhh. It's come to this.....
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Oct-31-18 12:12 PM
Yeah, so Wiz faithful here.

Wall is my guy, but honestly, yeah he's entitled. His shot is still below par of the peers he insists he's better than (Lowry, Lillard, Conley). He does talk a little much in social media for someone who's not a true meat-eating Alpha.

But he's still my guy.

He does drive well and sacrifice his body. His perimeter D is up and down. But I gotta admit, he's not the truest in the sense of the word leader. Meaning he doesn't always show on the court the heart that he talks about having.

I think him not making his team mates better is a garbage argument. Porter and Beal both got better along side him and Gortat probably had his last good years getting fed. Problem is the only other guys on the team with dog in them are Beal and Oubre. And Oubre isn't starting when he probably should be.

And the Wiz's best stretch wasn't when he was out last year (though it was beneficial to Beal), it was two years ago taking Boston to 7 and just missing the conference finals. Bad coaching and defensive switching aside, everyone played to potential that year.

But honestly, Brooks and Grunfeld especially probably need to go. The team built around Wall ain't built for nothing but mediocrity. And he ain't that rising tide that raises all ships with this group.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.