Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's Basketball season and the Cavs are the team to beat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674038
2674038, It's Basketball season and the Cavs are the team to beat
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Sep-28-18 08:49 AM
according the Tristian.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24815653/tristan-thompson-sees-lebron-less-cavs-team-beat-east

"We're still four-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain't got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain't got much to say," Thompson told reporters on Thursday. "Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto -- we already know that story. So until someone takes us down, there's not much they can really say."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What does the rest of the east think?

>>>
>>>
>>>

On Thursday afternoon, Celtics veteran Marcus Morris responded to Thompson's thoughts via Twitter.

"Cut it out. Get that vacation ready early this year fam! Ain't s--t going through the Cavs this year! #facts," Morris wrote on his verified account.

Philadelphia guard and 2018 Rookie of the Year Ben Simmons also commented from his Instagram account.

"@realtristan13 hah yeh ok buddy see you soon," Simmons wrote.

LMAO....I LOVE this. Man, NBA TV is showing the Celtics vs the Hornets tonight. I'm ON IT. Was a long 2 months since summer league. We get 2 weeks of preseason and then we're up and running. Bron playing in the Lakers preseason opener on Sunday too.

My Bulls got the new look Pelly's on Sunday at the UC. Get to take a look at WCJ finally. Hoi is loving the D in training camp:

Coach Fred Hoiberg said Wendell Carter Jr. has "made some unbelievable plays at the rim defensively" in the first day of camp.

"I thought Wendell was as good as anyone we had as far as moving his feet, great anticipation when the guard got by him," Hoiberg said. "He pursued the play and had a lot of unbelievable blocks from behind, so he certainly is a guy we will feel comfortable with. I feel really good at that position going into the season." This sounds exactly like the WJC version we saw in Vegas as a guy who looked like he's played in the NBA for years.

I feel like Kool-Aid Man!!!!

https://tinyurl.com/OHYEAHBALLIN
2674039, lol @ cut it out
Posted by Cenario, Fri Sep-28-18 09:00 AM
2674041, Whole league like: https://tinyurl.com/thisdudelol
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Sep-28-18 09:07 AM
https://tinyurl.com/thisdudelol
2674062, political rhetoric.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Sep-28-18 11:30 AM
we all know that giving that pick up to ATL is not an option

if for some reason the team as constructed can cheat code into banging with Philly, Toronto, and Boston? good

but I don't think that's happening. no one does

I just want Sexton to shit on everyone, break Curry's ankles, and for Tristan to keep punching Braymond in his donkey-ass mouth
2674063, What's this about Doc?
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Sep-28-18 11:43 AM
>we all know that giving that pick up to ATL is not an option
2674064, part of the Korver deal involved a 2019 1st rounder
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Sep-28-18 11:46 AM
if Cavs pick falls out of the top ten, pick is conveyed to ATL
2674065, Ah...ok
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Sep-28-18 11:59 AM
What puzzles me is why they didn't just send Love away. Sexton is gonna do work. They still have a semi-competitive team. Why keep him to make them better? Their entire goal should be 22 wins or less.

They gonna miss out on all them Duke dudes that are supposed to be franchise players.
2674673, I'm hoping we get one.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Oct-04-18 02:12 PM
>They gonna miss out on all them Duke dudes that are supposed
>to be franchise players.
2674105, C's looked dominant when they were playing seriously
Posted by auragin_boi, Sat Sep-29-18 09:40 AM
Ran up a 20pt lead on the hornets in a quarter and a half when the starters were playing seriously.

Bench gave it away in the second half. Smart didn't play. Bridges looked good and MKG might be better off as a 6th man. Played well off the bench.

Anybody see the sixers game? Embiid got a 20/10 in like 22 mins. Simmons damn near had a triple double in 26 mins (14 ast!) And fultz started, scored 14.
2674637, Corporate Eyebrow @ the Cavs Offense under Lue
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Oct-04-18 11:14 AM
note, this isn't a "they going to the playoffs sice"

but this is a "hmm... didn't know the team could move that fast down a court and pass the ball that much" sice

possibly even a "Tyronn Lue can actually coach NBA basketball w/o LeBron" sice?

we'll see.

all I know is that Sex Dogg looked aight in game one coming off the bench.
Flop Gear still ain't passin'.
Weird as fuck watching Kevin Love taking shots not in the corner.
fuckin' Rodd Future out here possibly being a double-digit scorer on the reg in this offense?

defensively, I don't think the team will improve much right away. and Double Z gonna be a problem (not in the good way); I think lack of playing time among other things is gonna get the Cavs fucked in the GOAT ass playing a team with quality bigs (see: Bulls). but that line up kind of said... yeah, Zizic you down the depth chart. out there with the summer leaguers he didn't impress.

speaking of the Bulls, thank you David Nwaba.

We winnin' 30 at least. so those 2010 memes will be dead. but who knows, if they win more than they did in 2013 when they were "supposed to go to the playoffs" then I'm partying
2674704, Technically, he's right...
Posted by Kira, Thu Oct-04-18 07:43 PM
This is the same technical manner that 300 mg of Jasmine Flower Strawberry Lemonade may knock you out for 15 minutes.

We are the eastern conference champs until the 2019 Eastern Conference finals..

Did yall the plays we ran? We actually ran plays... like a real NBA team... out there moving the ball.

Defense doesn't count because the celtics are getting back in the groove of things. Bottom line is this is not a repeat of 2010 from the early returns we've seen.
2674818, more Corporate Eyebrows on deck(ker)
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Oct-06-18 09:29 PM