Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectS Jaquan Johnson, Miami-FL
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2682025
2682025, S Jaquan Johnson, Miami-FL
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-16-18 11:19 PM
Another quality college starter who lacks a NFL role. He's been the heartbeat of Miami's back seven the last two years, and really does anything asked of him as far as alignment or assignment goes. An all-around contributor and leader by example.

While he maximized his talent in college, I don't see him squeezing anything else out of his ability. He's not big or fast (5'10, 190, probably a 4.6 guy), and those limitations show up even now -- athletic ball-carriers run through his tackles and he can't reach the faster players in deep zone. NFL will be a lot more brutal than the ACC.

I've enjoyed watching his career and good on him if he proves me wrong. I think he's a fringe, roster-bubble player though.

+ Not afraid to mix it up at the line of scrimmage and plays with smart aggression
+ Great timing; his big hits and pass break-ups are always a half-second before illegality
+ Does it all for his team and could probably be a leader even on special teams

- Lacks physical NFL traits and will look worse the more time he sees on the field
- Has no calling card; the league is strictly haves and have-nots