Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWR DaMarkus Lodge, Ole Miss
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2681625
2681625, WR DaMarkus Lodge, Ole Miss
Posted by will_5198, Tue Dec-11-18 11:15 PM
If only he could catch. He has plenty of moments that make you go "sheesh", including a deadly release off the line and snappy breaks that put corners on skates. Even at his height (6'2), he has feints and jab steps that are dare I say...Odell-esque.

As effortless as his separation skills are, I don't know if I've seen a draftable receiver this season who fights the ball more than he does. Drops are one thing, but he damn near looks like he's catching the ball with his palms facing inward. There is no pattern or reason to his receiving issues; his hands go from bad to OK to horrendous all in the same quarter. I've watched him completely whiff on a pass on a comeback -- wide-open, standstill -- as it zoomed through his cradled arms and banged off his shins out of bounds. He looked like a pinball bumper.

He'll still make a few dazzling plays, even spectacular catches, but this kind of issue rarely corrects itself at the next level. A tease.

+ Angular but bouncy target who combines some runaway speed with precision braking
+ Can straight up ghost even the best corners, leaving them yards behind
+ Makes a ridiculous play look routine

- A fucking seal when the ball is actually thrown his way
- Bristles at contact before it arrives
- Unreliable even at his best